Move data

It would more like be a button of a form... lists are primarily only for display. If you can explain what data you need to move and why, we can try to help further. Not much detail is what you asked now.

Thanks,
Dale

You can add List php plugin. Then you can select multple records to copy.

gesendet mit Tapatalk

It would more like be a button of a form... lists are primarily only for display. If you can explain what data you need to move and why, we can try to help further. Not much detail is what you asked now.

Thanks,
Dale

Thanks for your help.
I have a form that input name and other data of client. These data are saved in db table named "client reserved" and displayed in list named "client reserved". I would, then press button on list (php plugin list) move data in another table named "client accepted" and deleted from "client reserved". But I do not know the code to enter. I hope I was clear in explaining. Thanks

You can do this also with an additional element holding the status, an updateColumn list plugin and a list prefilter showing only accepted records to public.
If you want to use the list php plugin see the WIKI for list php plugin and common php tasks.

gesendet mit Tapatalk

The way Troester described (having an extra element for "accepted", and filtering on that) is the way most people would implement this functionality rather than moving data between lists. It's much easier, especially if you us any kind of relational features (joins between tables).

Fabrik allows you to have mutiple copies of Lists, which use the same database table, but provide way of having different "views" on to a list. So in this case, you could have two copies, one which pre-filters for "accepted = 1" and one which filters for "accepted = 0".

It would be possible to do what you described, adding and removing rows between tables, but as Troester says, you'd have to write the code to do it in a custom list PHP plugin.

-- hugh

From a logical point of view, what would be the best way? have different views of the same table or actually move the data? in this case should I enter SQL commands?

Claudio

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back