Navigation links

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding the links on the navigaton buttons, i.e. the start/prev/1/2/3.../next/end buttons:

When I look at the URLs for the navigation buttons they show the page information at the end of the URL:

http://localhost/joomla/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=11.... &resetfilters=0&clearordering=0&limitstart11=30

But when I click on it, the URL is not reflected in the brower:

http://localhost/joomla/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=11... &resetfilters=0&clearordering=0

There are places where I need to redirect to a list but doing so loads the first page instead of the last page, which is correct since the limit is not included.

I've found some threads on the web that suggest that this is caused by Joomla SEF, but it is turned off. I have managed to see this using parent.location in jQuery in the chrome debugger once or twice but never consistently. Is there a way to get the information on the URL or somehow get to it when the list is loading?

Best regards,
Arnor

Yup, the limitstart is removed from the URL, as it's stored in the session.

Depending where / how you are redirecting, it might be possible to access that session data and append it to the URL.

-- hugh

Or it might be possible to add some handling to the setLimits() method in the list model, so it takes (say) limitstartX=-1 as meaning "last page", and dynamically figures out the pagination limits for that. Then you could just append &limitstartX=-1 to a list URL and automatically get the last page.

But that would either have to be custom (hourly rate) work, or maybe done as part of bumping up to Pro support for a few months to cover the cost.

-- hugh

I just took a look at the code, and remembered why we don't already allow this. I tried to do it before - adding limitstart=-1 to mean "last page", but that hits a recursive situation.

So best approach is probably to figure out where you are doing your redirects, and a way of getting the current session data into your URL. We do have a feature to allow session data as placeholders, so {$session->foo}, but that's currently only supported in a handful of places, and would need some coding to make it available where you need it.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back