Need to link to single record via detail view

drjonscot

Fabrik Version: 1.0.6 SVN 1002
Environment: Joomla 1.0.13
Server Info: Platform: Debian
PHP Version: 5.2.2
Perl Version: 5.8.8
MySQL Version: 5.0.45

I have installed fabrik and have been able to create a great initial search form for property records...and it works just brilliantly thanks to your wonderful app.

However, I have been tearing my hair out for the last few days attempting to get the table view results from the initial search to link via detail view to return a single detailed record.

My guess is that I am overthinking this issue and have just gone to far in the wrong direction to get the proper result.

Currently I have a "street address" element that links to detailed view from the main table view, but I am now getting a "sorry this form is unpublished" message. Prior to attempting to throw a bit of noob modifications at the override jump URL, prefilters, and element modifcations, I was getting a full table display that was showing ALL records, not the record identified by the "rowid."

I'm relatively sure this is a simple problem. Please let me know who to PM with URLs and private backend login information.

Thanks all!

Not really sure why, but....

I was up early and decided to futz around with the settings for the single record view...

Anyhow, the end result is that the page is now displaying the single record after following the link from the detail view link (appended to the Sold Price) from the main table.

The most frustrating thing is that I have no idea exactly how I got it to work....and there's some custom coding I want to do now and I'm kinda affraid to touch it....

What I did was....

Change all the access levels to "Super Administrator" on the individual elements and the table (table #5 / Detailed Search Records Table 5)...at which point the form started giving me the "you are not authorized to view this resource" message. Then changed all the element and table access levels back to "Public Frontend" (except for the add/delete/edit, etc options).

The only other thing that I did was to remove the "Date Listed" element from the table view on the Detailed Records Table, and removed the generic drop-down search filter from the property_id element (which is the primary key and corresponds to the {rowid})

I Remember the esteemed Mr. Cheesegrits noting to "kick it harder" in one of the countless forum post that I read....and I don't know if that's just what I need to do or what? :)

Like I said, I just wish I knew exactly what it was I did to fix the problem because I want to continue to make some modififcations (i.e. customize the template that the table uses, and to try and code the detail view link to fire in a lightbox)...but am a bit worried about getting jagging things up and not being able to get them to work again....

I dunno....I think I've just been on this project too long.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back