New to Fabrik!

This is very exciting. I don't think I've ever come across such a proactive support system and network.

We appreciate all our users, but especially those who pay for a Pro sub. :)

In order to implement these new features, do I need to do another full github overwrite?

Yes, in order to pick up changes in github, you have to do a full update. It's a bit of a pain, but trying to "cherry pick" individual files inevitably leads to problems, where files changed in one commit rely on changes to other files from a previous commit. Also, we've seen problems with using "Only overwrite if newer" (time zone issues) or "Only overwrite if file size different" (typo fixes that don't change file length) options with ftp clients. So by far the safest bet is to just upload everything, in "always overwrite" mode, and take the opportunity to make coffee.

-- hugh

Okay... I'll do another overwrite this weekend. :)

I have an interesting request. I don't know if its possible to achieve, and although I had a little trawl through the forum, I didn't really know what keywords to search for to find if someone else has done it:

Here is the idea:

In my Client Details Form, two of my fields are:

Status (dropdown selection)
Notes (text area)

Is it possible to create a Date logged additional record, leaving the original Notes record in place and making it uneditable? (please see attached graphic)
Notes-update.jpg

Its possibly already a feature of Fabrik, but I can't get a clear path of actions in my head to make it happen. This is also the very first time I've ever dealt with database and table records and there are so many things I don't understand, like the 'join' feature to another table? I don't know how this would be helpful or what it would be used for lol.

Sorry I'm not so smart at all this, thats why I did the Pro Sub thing lol.

I forgot to mention, the main reason I wanted to add the date logged records, is to have the date data for reporting the time length between actions? I did find some php on your Common PHP tasks in the wiki for the difference in days between two dates so i think that will be useful.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back