No Data Saved For New Contacts

Hi there, starting last friday, any contacts that are newly entered will not display the data that was entered for them. All older contacts still display properly. For instance, I entered Dennis Glasgow. I see his name when I View Data in my contact list...
dennis.jpg

But then when I click on his name, there is no data (not even his name, which obviously was there in the list)...
dennis.jpg Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 9.52.45 AM.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

The credentials in your My Sites don't work:

Login denied! Your account has either been blocked or you have not activated it yet

-- hugh

I looks like it's opening a new form (i.e. it doesn't use the row id).
Do you have a custom details link defined for your 'First name' element?
Can you get the record with the standard view/edit links (dropdown right list site)?

ok, Dennis Glasgow has rowid=0 (all new records), this is why you don't see the data in form/details view.

In your DB table ia_clients (2nd connection) the id (PK) column is not set to autoincrement (checked directly with phpMyAdmin).
In list settings it's showing autoincrement=yes

No idea what has happened here.
I would try to set autoincrement directly in phpMyAdmin or set it in the list settings to No, save, set it to Yes again.

Backup before.

OK, when I try and save the list settings, I get:

Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key

Which means that somehow another column in your table has been set to auto-inc, instead of the 'id' column that should be your primary key.

You'll have to use something like phpMyAdmin, and figure out which other column is set to auto-inc, unset that, and make sure 'id' is set to auto-inc.

Then you'll probably need to manually update the 'id' of any rows created since this happened.

-- hugh

Ah, Troester and I crossed in the post. I didn't notice we had cpnael access. I'll take a look now.

-- hugh

OK, this is a little problematic to fix. Because there is no primary key (somehow 'id' has become un-set as the PK), we can't edit rows directly in phpMyAdmin. And because there are multiple rows with 'id' of 0 (all the ones added since it lost the PK), we can't make 'id' the PK, because that fails when it tries to create the primary index ("duplicate entry for 0").

I think the only way to fix this is to take an SQL dump of the table, fix the table schema to set the PK and add the index, and manually modify those new rows with id of 0 to have proper ids. Then do a re-import of the table.

I've taken a backup of it, and will try that now.

-- hugh

OK, I think it's fixed. I exported the ia_clients table to an SQL file, renamed the broken table to ia_clients_broken, edited the SQL file to set 'id' as the auto-inc PK, create a primary index for it, and fixed the half dozen or so records which had an id of 0, then imported that back into phpMyAdmin.

Seems to be working again now.

-- hugh

Thank you SO much. Obviously, that fix was way above my pay grade. Any ideas on why it would happen in the first place? I have not logged into their site in months before this, and the client uses this from the front end, so they don't have access to the backend settings.

It's fine if you think it was just an anomaly, but if you think it is something we could avoid in the future, I would like to know that too.

Thanks so much, you guys are awesome!

I have not logged into their site in months before this

Well obviously someone has been working on it, applying updates, as it's running J! 3.7.2 and Fabrik 3.6.

I just ran some more tests here on a test list on a secondary connection, and can't replicate any kind of error. The issue Troester pointed to was to do with when a list was created. But we know this list ran just fine, then suddenly the PK got unset.

I've tried changing list settings, adding ordering, grouping, etc. Adding and removing elements, filters. Can't get it to unset that PK.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back