Packages.. What does it include

Packages are not cooked yet. Work in progress.

Don't use 'em.

-- hugh
Hi Hugh, if this is the case, then perhaps you need to remove references to wiki, and website etc, as I was hoping to use this in a big way for solutions I have developed for client deployment....... so I'm a bit buggered now..........

That is a very valid point. I didn't realize the Wiki didn't mention potential issues with this feature, and the "work in progress" nature.

It is of course possible that I have mis-spoken, and work has been done on this feature since I last tested it. I'll ask Rob. If necessary, we will update the Wiki.

It' s a feature we know we desperately need, but the time we had hoped to dedicate to improving and testing it in the 3.1 development cycle has been spent playing catchup with some major changes in the J! framework.

-- hugh

I did a prelim test a short while back, and found that the package works well to install the fabrik infrastructure (lists, forms elements etc) and could get the data Ok in admin. All backend stuff seemed OK.

However, front end lists and data manipulation was a problem and could net gets lists showing, and I must confess I did not go further as I thought perhaps it was a setting on my side I missed, and assumed that if it worked in admin, the front end should work.

One of the applications I want to use the package for is a built-in reportwriter for excel, graphs and lists that can be used stand alone, in conjunction with fabrik, obviously using the package feature

Once the back log has been got through I'll dedicate some time to looking at it - last time i checked it seemed to work with basic exports and worked in the frontend after installation, but I guess i need to re-check.

-Rob

great thanks, let me know and I will test it for you, I have a pretty hefty application to package that will test it well.

I recall it was just the front end menu items that did not work properly

Well, I am just getting to this point. and attempting to move my fabrik app from dev to live.
The package made and export no problem. it even installed on the new site with out problem. Until I go to the component and try to access it.

Dev site joomla is same version as live sit. J!2.5 ( I know.. E'fing J2.5 crap )
Everything seems to install and yet there is nothing there.?? hmmm!!

http://screencast.com/t/uownoYNM6y1X

I didn't test anything in the last 6 months or so (and never tried Fabrik3.1 on J!2.5 with this).
But the component installed with a package is nothing you can/should use.
The package lists, forms etc. are accessed through the standard fabrik component, you have to select your package in the dropdown.
package.PNG

I will re-install, and see if all the stuff is there.. that would be freaking awesome.. however, did you notice the JCE editor component ICON change to the fabrik one..
How did that happen?? lol

ok, I see the lists and stuff there.. however.. none of it works.
one of the errors is
500 - An error has occurred.

unable to process db join element id:126
Return to Control Panel

Also, some tables are missing. so this is just not going to work. I have a big problem now, getting my app from dev to live. I am going to manually go through and update all the ids so there are not any conflicts, and then, update all the joins, elements, child parent relations.. how the freak am I going to do that all?
Fabrik, oh how you cause me pain.

when un-installing.. I get a bunch of errors also

• Attempting to uninstall unknown extension from package. This extension may have already been removed earlier.
  • Attempting to uninstall unknown extension from package. This extension may have already been removed earlier.

As I said, I didn't test this for a long time.
did you notice the JCE editor component ICON change to the fabrik one..
How in the hell did that happen??
Good question, but it's an old issue (has been in Fabrik2 and may be before)
On my site the JCE icon is overriding the Fabrik one (JCE has been installed later), both are using the class
.icon-16-logo
So maybe it's a Joomla issue.

As I said, I didn't test this for a long time.
Good question, but it's an old issue (has been in Fabrik2 and may be before)
On my site the JCE icon is overriding the Fabrik one (JCE has been installed later), both are using the class
.icon-16-logo
So maybe it's a Joomla issue.
yeah, saw they are using the same class.. funny..

So the packages do not work, at least when installing to J!2.5..Something fouling up, missing repeat group tables, for instance.. the groups are there though.. so who knows.. oh MAN.. !

uh oh.. this is a huge huge deal.. I am supposed to launch this weekend..

How can I do this manually?

Broad question..
main site, J!2.5.16 fabrik 3.0 Dev site J!2.5.16 Fabrik 3.1.rc2

I created a dev site with clean fabrik install and kept updated using git.. now that I got everything working. time to launch it on live. only to find out. recently that packages dont work.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back