parent.php 'Use of undefined constant' error

Bauer

This (cut and paste of the backtraced error) has had me scratching my head for months...

Backtrace from warning
Use of undefined constant COM_FABRIK_LIBRARY - assumed 'COM_FABRIK_LIBRARY' at
/home/public_html/components/com_fabrik/helpers/parent.php 2439:
/home/public_html/index.php 51 calling execute() |
/home/public_html/libraries/cms/application/cms.php 271 calling render() |
/home/public_html/libraries/cms/application/site.php 777 calling render() |
/home/public_html/libraries/cms/application/cms.php 1116 calling render() |
/home/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/html.php 552 calling _renderTemplate() |
/home/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/html.php 777 calling getBuffer() |
/home/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/html.php 486 calling render() |
/home/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/renderer/html/modules.php 42 calling render() |
/home/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/renderer/html/module.php 93 calling renderModule() |
/home/public_html/libraries/cms/module/helper.php 198 calling include() |
/home/public_html/modules/mod_fabrik_list/mod_fabrik_list.php 165 calling display() |
/home/public_html/components/com_fabrik/views/list/view.html.php 41 calling display() |
/home/public_html/components/com_fabrik/views/list/view.base.php 504 calling canPdf() |
/home/public_html/components/com_fabrik/helpers/parent.php 2439 calling process_error_backtrace()

You think this might explain a few mysterious problems - especially anything related to rendering PDFs that are throwing a COM_FABRIK_NOTICE_DOMPDF_NOT_FOUND error?

A search found that the COM_FABRIK_LIBRARY constant is being referenced in...
components/com_fabrik/helpers/parent.php
plugins/fabrik_element/fileupload/models/flash.php
plugins/fabrik_element/fileupload/models/video.php
plugins/system/fabrik/defines.php

I was looking into this for 4 hours. I could see that the constant is initialized in plugins/system/fabrik/defines.php, so I was lost as to why the error - until I realized there is both a 'defines.php' and a 'user_defines.php' - and this constant is missing in the user_defines.php.

Anyhow (I believe) the simple fix is to insert this line at line 27 of plugins/system/fabrik/user_defines.php
PHP:
define("COM_FABRIK_LIBRARY", COM_FABRIK_BASE . 'libraries/fabrik');

Last edited:
Do you have "Allow user defines" set to Yes in the "Global" tab of the main Fabrik global options?

-- hugh
Of course I did, duhh. You're a genius!:D

I hate when I get stumped on something that is so simple - especially when I start blaming 'others', sorry.:oops:
I don't give up easy - and that only adds to my rage and frustration.
(I suppose you should get all that by now - and please, just take it with a grain of salt.)

All I shall add to that is from the tooltip on that option ... "DO NOT use this feature unless you know what you are doing!".

;)

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back