passing 'rowid' to a placeholder in article

notoddd

First I have to say that I am truly amazed by Fabrik. I could build site a with joomla and include a full archive of 'study subjects' without knowing a single word of PHP JS code.. Amazing..
Everything run smooth until I decided to insert a PHP button on a list. The button should open a new window with a custom report (joomla article) that will include data from the selected record by using fabrik placeholders. To do so I used the following strategy...
I inserted the js code in a PHP plug-in in a list 1.

var url1 = 'index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&param1=';
var myrowid = ??? how to obtain rowid???;
var addr = url1.concat('myrowid');
window.open(addr,'_blank','scrollbars=yes');

the placeholders in the new window are in the form:

{fabrik view=element list=1 rowid=[param1] element=ambvis___ct}

Now, I can open a new window and obtain the first row of the list if I use rowid=1 , but I can't find a way to obtain the rowid of the selected row. I tried different solutions found in the forum, but none worked..
Clearly I should study php and js..
Still, any help??

Use the new 'link' list plugin, that's a lot easier than using JS/PHP. It's not yet been released as am installable ZIP yet (that'll happen when we release the next version of Fabrik when J! 3.7 releases), but if you do a github update (see wiki, TL/DR just download https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/archive/master.zip, unzip it locally, and upload the ENTIRE content to overwrite the files on your server, and yes, it's huge and takes a while) you can then "discover" it in J!'s extension manager.

Then just specify index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&param1={rowid} as your URL in the link plugin.

-- hugh

Hugh, it worked like a charm...
I used the 'link list plugin' supplying custom parameters in the link..
I just set param1 to pass list1 rowid and param2 to pass the ID of the joined list 2 as {table___element_raw} to avoid to pass the joined label.
Then in the article I used {fabrik view=element list=1 rowid=[param1] element=table___element} using param1 or param2 to pull down all requested element values, and "et voila'"
A custom report was up in minutes...
You guys really brought Internet to the next level...!!
SOLVED...Thanks...

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back