Password Validation Issue - Strong Passwords rejected

ranwilli

I have a juser plugin application, using Ajax Validation on the form, and the password strength meter is cool, but whenever I test a strong password, and very slowly and carefully duplicate the password in the confirmation field, it does not validate, and the error message says, "Password Confirmation does not match".

I searched the forum, but nothing came up about the password strength.

Any ideas?

So are you saying it only fails when it shows as "strong", or can you not get any password to validate?

-- hugh

I confirm.
With latest GitHub (531), the confirmation validation fails if you have special characters in the password (i.e. "fabr!k555?" will fail).

Attachments

• 2013-05-10 11.35.13.png
    2013-05-10 11.35.13.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 238
I actually have found it is also the length of the password string that can cause it to invalidate. Anything longer than about 12 characters get's the "Password Confirmation does not match"

I know how to make a stronger password, I just don't know why they fail to validate even if the password entry is precisely the same as the "Confirmation" entry.

Are we talking about 3.0 or 3.1?

This thread is in the 3.0 forum, but JFQ is posting pics of the 3.1 password element, and I can't replicate the problem in 3.0.

I'll test in 3.1.

-- hugh

Confirmed the problem in 3.1. Fixed it, but having problems pushing the commit to github.

Will update when I manage to get the fix pushed up.

-- hugh

Oh, haven't tested the "more than about 12 characters" thing, I'll try that tomorrow. Time to head out for tonight's gig.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back