Patience has run out refund request***

tmorrison

After exhausting all means of trying to get the many issues with fabrik resolved I have no choice but to request a refund. In the roughly two weeks since I have purchased fabrik I have been able to do little if anything to get it to work properly and as advertised. The allure of fabrik is in it?s potential of being a true joomla database application builder. The reality is that it is a product that is still in development and seems to be plagued with bugs and work arounds to accomplish common task.

The most disappointing aspect of it is in the so called dedicated support model that is offered to its customers. I can understand offering free community support but when you have customers who have paid for the extension they deserve no less than a ticket system like that of other joomla developers that addresses their issues . The forum style support which seems to be luck of the draw and passes the responsibility on to other users to resolve it?s issues is very contradictive to what is advertised as dedicated support on the website.

The clear and concise documentation that is mentioned is more of a here is what it does but does not provide a way of how to do it, especially since most of the common features require additional coding to make them work. The video tutorials are good but since most of the common features require additional coding knowledge to make them function makes them also fall short of expectations.

The bottom line is that the reason that myself and I am sure many others use joomla and its extensions is that its allows you to build great websites without having to have a lot of coding knowledge. Every once in awhile you come across an extension on the joomla jed that does not work as promised. Unfortunately this is one of those times.

Fabrik is a developer?s tool and should be advertised as such. I did not purchase the product to take part in it?s development but rather to address a specific need for myself and my clients. Please provide information as to how I can receive a refund. Thanks.

I have checked your requests, and of the three issues you have posted one was answered same-day, one within three days, one within five days (technicaly four, as I started work on the code last night and answered it today, at the weekend) and came with a code fix.

[Oh, and not that it's strictly relevant, but Wednesday 27th was my 50th birthday, and I took half a day off, which delayed things a little on the forums]

Given that even Silver level support only guarantees a response within 2 working days, I don't see any reason for us to be ashamed of that level of support.

I do agree that the documentation definitely needs improvement, we've switched from a PDF doc to a wiki, and the wiki is still in development, although it does give you most of what you need to know.

What I'm having a hard time understanding is your repeated assertion that "common feature require additional coding knowledge to make them function". None of the threads you have posted involve additional coding knowledge. Exactly what is it you are attempting to achieve, and obviously haven't asked about, that requires extra coding knowledge?

So my answer to your request is, sure. If you genuinely believe that we haven't answered you questions in a timely fashion (same day, three days and four days, with all issues either clearly resolved by us or closed by you), and you can answer my question about what exactly it is you are trying to do that requires additional coding knowledge, that either is not covered in wiki, or in the tooltips on the backend settings, then that's fair enough.

But if it's simply a case of you don't think 4 working days is quick enough to provide an answer, with a code fix for something which is arguably not a "bug" but simply the way a specific feature was designed, then no.

My best suggestion is that you tell us exactly what it is you are trying to achieve with Fabrik, let us help you do that, and get to know us and our product a little better, and I'm about 99% sure you'll find that it does what you need, and that you will get the help you need.

Sometimes we may not not respond as fast as you would like, but you'll find that a quick "bump" or two of a thread (posting a followup with just a friendly reminder) usually gets you a response. Just don't bump a thread until at least 24 hours after posting it, as this will actually move you further down the queue, as we work in reverse chronological order through threads each day, so bumping within 24 hours moves you the wrong way.

-- hugh

Hi, After careful consideration of your response and the re-evaluation of fabrik I have decided that it will not work for me at this time. Without getting into to many of the details it just does not demonstrate what is advertised by your company and again when compared to the level of support of other joomla extension developers it falls far short of expectations. I have removed all instances of fabrik from my website. Please refund the amount of $66.40 that was charged to my account. Thanks.

I considered your request, but to be honest you have already received bronze paid support for numerous questions:

* http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32078 answered the same day

* http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32043 answered within 2 days

* http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32082 - this one took a while as it involved code fixes

In our terms and conditions (http://www.fabrikar.com/subscribe/terms-and-conditions)which you agreed to when you signed up for the bronze subscription, in sections 8,2 and 8,3 we make no warranties that our code is bug free. That is just part of development that sometimes things need tweaking or altering.

We also make no warranties that Fabrik will match you requirements. It is free to download and evaluate so you do not pay for fabrik, you pay for the services around it, which I feel we have given.

This is unfortunate as I have no other choice but to report this on the JED and inform and make users of my experience with your company.

This is interesting. As mentioned above I went to post on the JED on the following message listed below is posted on the Joomla website regarding fabrik. It really sounds like your company is advertising information that is misleading and dishonest.

Warning! This extension is listed on the Vulnerable Extensions List.

Follow the link below for more information. If you currently use this extension, your site is potentially at risk! docs.joomla.org/Vulnerable_Extensions_List#fabrik
You should also immediately get in contact with the developer of this extension and inquire about fixes to this security risk.

Seems like its a bug in the JED, I've raised a ticket asking them to look at it.

Please though do read the terms of what you can and can't post on the JED, commerical disputes are not allowed, see http://docs.joomla.org/Joomla!_Exte...ion_is_rejected.2C_removed_and.2For_edited.3F

I will ask them to remove any comment that breaks their rules.

I'm sorry that we are having this discussion, if you'd just tell us what it is you feel fabrik fails to do I'm fairly sure we'd be able to give you advice.

I fully agree with Rob, initially I was also bit dissatisfied with the response time, but gradually I understood the size of the application they are offering for free and providing support for a negligible amount.
You are able to develop professional looking application without caring about your programming skills which can take you months if you do not have sound programming knowledge and even if you do yet you save lot of time needed to code, what you can achieve without coding unless you have a unique requirement, which is not possible in fabrik.

But I feel you can achieve so much without programming skill, which you can only dream of without fabrik.

I will not say that I am completely satisfied with Fabrik, but the fact is whether I am satisfied or not, I cannot simply do without it.

And there are many here who are in the same page as I am.

A Bronze subscriber pays $66.00 on average and subscribers(including myself) here put questions not essentially related to fabrik, but programming questions and I never come across a answer from Rob, Hugh or other senior member, who tell you that it is outside our scope and you go and learn php or javascript.

if 99 people here says Fabrik Rocks then the conclusion is Fabrik rocks. A single bad opinion about fabrik cannot make fabrik a bad application.

I have no hesitation to conclude that I simply love Fabrik.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back