Paypal plugin problem in real mode

No luck again in real mode, but I think we're on the right road.

//////////////
HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
Server: AkamaiGHost
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Length: 285
Expires: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 06:19:55 GMT
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 06:19:55 GMT
Connection: close
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=63072000

<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>Access Denied</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>Access Denied</H1>
You don't have permission to access "http&#58;&#47;&#47;www&#46;paypal&#46;com&#47;cgi&#45;bin&#47;webscr" on this server.<P>
Reference&#32;&#35;18&#46;672d1402&#46;1445494795&#46;3ba8439
</BODY>
</HTML>

//////////////
cmd=_notify-validate&mc_gross=0.01&protection_eligibility=Ineligible&address_status=unconfirmed&payer_id=ARNHTUQJ25NVJ&tax=0.00&address_street=Rajko+Bluskov+5&payment_date=23%3A19%3A45+Oct+21%2C+2015+PDT&payment_status=Completed&charset=windows-1252&address_zip=&first_name=Borislav&mc_fee=0.01&address_country_code=BG&address_name=Borislav+Todorov&notify_version=3.8&custom=11%3A9%3A&payer_status=unverified&business=xxxxxxxx.com%40gmail.com&address_country=Bulgaria&address_city=Varna&quantity=1&verify_sign=AdOVL2jZ9dqKhyM8QadKkdiMRgPzAoOWm4bmoT6K-JXqkvmIccA5jKyD&payer_email=contact%40xxxxxxxx.tk&txn_id=9DV49977XB948511M&payment_type=instant&last_name=Todorov&address_state=Varna&receiver_email=xxxxxxxx.com%40gmail.com&payment_fee=0.01&receiver_id=EB6UZXJ4YKBL4&txn_type=web_accept&item_name=aaaa&mc_currency=USD&item_number=&residence_country=BG&handling_amount=0.00&transaction_subject=11%3A9%3A&payment_gross=0.01&shipping=0.00&ipn_track_id=e1bf8ea76b148
//////////////

IPN custom function =
IPN custom transaction function =

in test mode: ok.

Last edited:
Around lime 681, after the "Connection: close" header, try adding:

Code:
$header .= "User-Agent: Fabrik Joomla Plugin\r\n";

-- hugh

I'm from Bulgaria.
I do not know if you've heard this country. :)
But I have good news for the moment everything works.
I have no idea why it was not working on the Bulgarian hosting. I tried the two best known.
Thanks very much for the assistance.

Regards

Googling around for that "access denied" issue, it seems that in some countries, PayPal have started requiring the User-Agent header. It's not something they announced, or document anywhere. My US account works fine without it, in live or test mode,a nd you are the first Fabrik user to come across the problem.

Out of interest, are the sites you have which were working without this fix also located in Bulgaria?

Anyway, I'll add the fix to github.

-- hugh

No, another site, which made with fabrik located in Germany.
What matters is that others will not have this problem.

Yeah, I was just curious as to why it was only failing for one of your sites.

I suspect the issue may actually be with the Akamai CDN, rather than PayPal's servers. As you can see from that last log your quoted, the host responding is AkamaGHost. So it looks like the CDN in some countries requires a User-Agent, for any use of the CDN, not just PayPal. And the sandbox wouldn't be affected, because that doesn't go through a CDN, it goes direct to PayPal.

Anyway, I've committed that change to github, so hopefully nobody else will experience this.

Glad we got it sorted, that was driving me nuts!

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back