pdf template

aje

Hi

Could anyone give me some help/pointers to have to have the pdf template in 3 colums like this

name name name
adress adress adress
postcode postcode postcode

Trying to get a ready to print pdf directly to labels. Tried using the div template but then it only came like this.

name
adress
postcode
name
adress
postcode
name
adress
postcode

Copy the div template, name it e.g. div-pdf-3col, select it for PDF template in list settings

edit custom_css.php
add something like
Code:
#listform_$c .row-fluid .span4 {
    display:inline-block;
    width:27%;
    border:solid 1px;
    margin:0 2% 10px 0;
    padding:10px;
}

Reactions: aje
Thanks :) Have one more thing i need to solve. i need to put 2 fields on the same line in the pdf

Now it shows like this
name
adress
postcode
town

To show like shis
name
adress
postcode town

Add
#listform_$c .your-table___postcode-element {
display: inline-block;
width: 30%;
}
#listform_$c .your-table___town-element {
display: inline-block;
width: 60%;
}

For such CSS tweaking use a browser dev tool to examin (and test on the fly) which CSS definitions must be added/modified.
For testing the PDF template you can select it as "standard" list template or display it temporaryly by adding &layout=your-pdf-template to your list URL (but keep in mind that the display on screen is not always the same as in PDF)

Reactions: aje
Now i have 3 column and 8 rows per pdf page like this
name name name
adress adress adress
postalcode city postalcode city postalcode city

The problem is when i try to adjust the #listform_$c .row-fluid .span4 with padding-left or margin-left the first row in second page get atleast twice as much. Is there another class i can use adjust to get the columns to align more to the right ? need the text to be in more to the right to get the lables to align to the printed lable sheet.

can you post the mark up that is generated, or the URl to the page please?

What do you mean? , cant let you inn to my customers and have the devoloper site local. But shall i post the pdf and the fabrik template ?

To give support we need access to the site. Especially for anything to do with custom templates, markup, css, javascript etc. You wouldn't go to the garage and not give them your car, fixing these types of issues is similar. :)
So unless I can see the actual page I can't comment on what's wrong with it.
You can set up local tunneling to your local development site using something like pagekite https://pagekite.net/

It seems your etiketts don't fit to the page size.
I assume the page break should be after "Marthin Kristiansen" but some of your etiketts need 4 instead of 3 lines.

It's a bit tricky to get such a layout exactly as you need.
You should set fix width and hight (with e.g overflow:hidden) in px or cm.
For testing it's usefull to add a border per etikett etc.

Ill try, but it seems like the first row on second page gets pushed more to the right then the others row.

I don't know what domPDF is injecting at page start, but I can replicate the issue.
It should be ok with adding to

#listform_$c .row-fluid .span4 {
margin:0;
}
and to remove
<h1><?php echo $this->table->label;?></h1>
in default.php line 35

Don't ask why ;) but this way its working on my site.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back