pdf with div template

kouros91

Hi. I have a list ( just first name name and address to make stickers) with the "div " template. I've set the colums number at 4 and (without Ajax) i have 4 colums. but when i would make a pdf, pdf doesn't output the same (just one raw per field) .
I would like that pdf output is the same as list and all my records are always in the pdf (and not just list window). Thank you to help me.

The div columns are done with CSS float:left which isn't supported by domPDF..
You must create a custom div template using e.g. display:inline-block
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/pdf-output/

To get all records you can tweak the PDF link. Append something like
&limitstartX=0&limitX=200
(X = your list id)
to get 200 records.
But this will pretty sure crash with a timeout...

Ok but where can i find the "PDF link" , in which file ?
For div custom template, i can create block. Ok but how can i display elements of my table ? Which what form of code ? I can for exemple write <?php echo $this->table->element;?>
??? to display element of my table ? but how can i put the row of this element ?
Thank you very much

Last edited:
Copy the div template to e.g. divPDF

Add in custom_css.php e.g.
#listform_$c .fabrikList .span3 {display:inline-block;width:24%;} (if you have set 4 columns; you may set the width in px, just try)

Edit default_buttons.php around line 107
<li><a href="<?php echo $this->pdfLink . '&limitstart49=0&limit49=12';?>" class="pdfButton">

Select divPDF as list template (to get the modified PDF link) and as PDF template (to get .span3 as inline-block instead of float)

Ok thank you. I'm going to try. But if i want to create a custom template to display my elements where i want, how can i have access to elements of my table ? I mean what do i write in the code to display the element "elementexemple" of my row "5" of my list "listexemple" ?

It works for the 4 colums :) Thanks. But I would like a blank line after records of one row . Is it possible ?

pdfLink . '&limitstart7=0&limit7=200' doesn't work for my list id = 7 and for 200 records. I have only 12 records in my pdf

I logged in and tried to look, but there's something weird about list 7, I can't get it to render on the front or backend, and when I display the main Lists admin page, it hangs half way through rendering the row for list 7.

-- hugh

I have reupload my site. You can access to the list with the user i'v put in my profile (not with the superuser ).

For the list with bootstrap template : acces utilisateurs acces aux enregistrements liste des enregistrements

For the list with div acces utilisateurs acces aux enregistrements liste des enregistrements (champs reduits)

I don't understand what happens. The export csv works well in local but is empty in the cloud.
And the export pdf with div doesn't work.
It's the same site.

Last edited:
It's the same site.
If you copy your site you must! edit and re-save your Fabrik connection (the "copied" one will point to the old database).

Which menu item?

It's made each time i reup but it doesn't work.
Each time for di template with pdf : "Echec - Erreur reseau"

I have reuploaded the DB . i've changed too connexion fabrik. Connexion is ok . But each time i want to export csv from table, the csv is empty . in local csv is full, ok.
I don't understand and it's a big problem :(
If it was a problem of DB access , i could not see my table. It's just with csv export, there's a problem. I make an fabrik update with github and i tell you.
With github update, the problem is always the same :(

Last edited:
Hourra !! :) It was a problem of tmp file !!!!!! The access was bad in configuration file. Ouf :)
Now i would like to see the problem of output pdf with total list even if list displays 10 records.

I still can't display list 7. It just hangs.

Also, I'm getting errors on the front end about permissions on the log folder/file.

-- hugh

Use the other user SNFOLC01 to display list. SNFOLC01 is a county user . FABRIK is a superuser and i have problem to display DB entirely cause of 11500 records and CCD multiple.
see my profile note for pw. logs folder has all rights for read and write.
I've updated on my profile all access to phpmyadmin ftp .....

Last edited:
I think you have the modification to the pdf link in the wrong template.

It needs to be in the main list template used to view the list, so when you click that, it adds the limits to the link that creates the PDF from the pdf template.

As far as I can see, there are no limits added to the link on the main display.

-- hugh

Ok . It works. Thank you. I've set the copy template in pdf and not in list. Thank you. There's a little problem (I've opened another thread with the same problem with csv export) I've selected list with 10 rows per page. After export pdf (or csv it's the same) when i reload list, i have 100 (and more is pdf is exported before) rows displayed . I would like always 10 rows per page even if i export all records with pdf or csv.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back