Picklist add moved from To to From column still saves in selected list

achartier

Administrator
Staff member
Found another issue with the picklist. If I add an item to the picklist the new item always goes immediately to the To column. If for some reason I decide to move it over to the From column and click Save, the addition is still saved to the database as a chosen picklist item.

I suspect the logic assumes any items in the additions hidden field of the form are always added to the list of picklist selections.

I imagine in your experience there is always somebody who wants it to work exactly opposite to someone else. Its a big world out there. I would expect that 99/100 if someone is making an addition they will want it in the To column. I just happened to notice the behavior if someone subsequently moves it over to the From column before the Save. It probably shouldn't still save it in the users picklist choices but the frequency of this ever occurring in real life is probably minimal.

If you happen to be in the code fixing something else, and it was not a huge task (I say this with a wink given what we saw in my other thread), you might want to remember this problem and fix it. I don't need it fixed for my project.

I may have misunderstood your initial description. I thought you were saying you wouldn't expect us to save the addition itself to the picklists options at all if it wasn't in the To.

OK, that does indeed sound like a bug, I'll fix it next time I have the code out on the slab in the lab.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back