Planning Stages

Avr

Hi
As a newbie I am not quite sure on how to do the planning stages in Fabrik. What I have done is to put the organizational "workflow" on file and I will add that here. My organization consists of different management levels with admin people in it and the core issue is the sales people or "advisers" as they are called in our industry.
Each adviser has a sales code and the whole combination of reports and data input will be combined around that as the pivotal key.
I am adding the initial planning files here and would like to have some opinions as to how many groups there should be ( planning for each level of management, advisers and clients).
Any feedback will be appreciated as starting off correctly is crucial when doing something like this. I am not a programmer and have used Fabrik about a year ago on another site.
Regards
Andre

Attachments

• Application Plan1.pdf
    204.9 KB · Views: 232
I looked at the PDF for a while, but can't really make much sense of it.

Can you describe the workflow?

-- hugh

Hi Hugh
Thank you for the reply.
We have different management levels and then the advisors and clients.
The workflow starts at the Manager level where admin/telemarketer ladies make calls and arrange appointments for the advisers.

The result of the call to the client can be: Appointment , Not Interested, Reference
The adviser then goes to see the clients and the result is recorded as Product Sold, No Sale and/or References received. If the adviser sold a product, a written application is handed in and recorded under client details.

We then also have the management of issued business under Policies where a client can get in arrears and the policy lapses, the commission is debited to the adviser. However, the client can pay arrears premiums or reinstate a lapsed policy.

The common denominator throughout is that each agent have a sales code and that is the basis for all reports, it will be the one element that joins all the data.

The Groups as I see them is:

1. Head Office with the Owner and Partner as well as 3 Admin people there and their access would only be to reports.

2. Manager with 3 Admin ladies doing the data input and telemarketing. The physical work on the system will be done in this group with full access. As Joomla Administrator on the site and Manager this is my group.

3. Four Branch Managers with Agents, Prospects and References under them and access only to reports.

4. Clients with no access to the system.

Please advise if this is clear enough or if I need to elaborate more. I hope this with the .pdf file will make the picture clearer.

Thanks and regards.

Andre

That group structure sounds about right.

Once you have the basic workflow built, you can then start applying ACL's to individual elements, and create list pre-filters.

At that point, I can be of more help in the specifics. So just build the basic list(s) and form(s), and then we can start working out the exact access and filter requirements.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh
Thank you for the reply. I had a response from IamJim and uploaded a workflow chart that that he suggested and I believe it can make things clearer. In the interim I will start building, thanks.

Regards
Andre

Hi Hugh
I have created my lists and the common denominator throughout the forms that require input is: Adviser Code. I have used different tables for adviser code in the different lists. I.e. Advisers, adviser_code, prospects, adviser_codeprosp, appointments, adviser_codeapp.
The question is if I should have used only adviser_code throughout and if not, how to merge or link them.
Regards
Andre

if you want to fill out http://farbikar.com/you/my-sites with a url and backend login, I'll take a look. Once I see the lists etc it'll make more sense to me.

When you say "different tables for adviser code", I presume you mean different element names (which translate to column names in the tables).

-- hugh

Hi Hugh

I tried going to the link you sent but get a result as per attached on both Chrome and Firefox. Something about "mandrill app" comes up fast and then vanishes before your site opens.
I have done the various lists as well as a registration one so my main issue at this point is how to have these "talk to each other" in terms of the various reports I will need.
Please send me an email address to reply to you regarding my website login details. I will be out for the next 6 to 8 hours so will respond to you after that if I get a mail from you before then.

Regards
Andre

Attachments

• Snap 2015-11-18 at 09.21.37.png
    Snap 2015-11-18 at 09.21.37.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 154
Hi Hugh
Had a good laugh about that one...
Posted the info you asked for, on my way for a 2 hour trip there, a meeting, 2 hours back again to the countryside where the people are on training that will start using this hopefully next week.
Thank you for the response, will have a look later at your findings.

Regards
Andre

Hi Hugh
Updated the info as per your request, saw I had the wrong password there.

Regards

Thanks, Hugh. I was on a 13 hour road trip yesterday so will have a look later.

Regards
Andre

Hi Hugh
I did a simple database join of the tables that should link between the lists and I think that should be it. I will obviously only know when the data input is being done next week but I feel confident that it will do what I need.
Thank you for the support. I will ask if I need any more assistance.
Regards
Andre

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back