Pop up form detail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Hugh. Same as mentioned earlier in this thread. On the frontend; look on the Quotes tab in the form / details of the Contracts Bid Board - Site Name: "NSB City Building Renovation". On the backend; look at fabrik lists > Contracts - Estimate / Quotes List >Links tab.
Thanks in advance, Hugh.

Sorry, I forgot to include the formid in my example. I added &formid=22 to the links, can't test them as my user doesn't seem to have access to view that list.

-- hugh

Nice. It works. Thanks Hugh. Both the edit & the add buttons work; but the details button creates a message that says: " Error We are unable to find this record". Is something slightly off with the following details URL?
Code:
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=details&formid=22&rowid={rowid}
Any suggestions?
"fabrikUser" & the same password in the frontend has the correct privileges to see what I'm seeing.
Thanks in advance, Hugh.

I just tried it again and now only the add button works. Both the edit & details buttons say "Error We are unable to find this record".
I noticed that when I float my mouse over these buttons that the URL preview at the bottom left of the page doesn't change as I float from record to record. So, I experimented a little by temporarily removing the custom URLs to see what the default says. The default URLs change a little as I float from record to record. The last character (the record ID) changes from record to record (1,2,3,4,5, & 6). I put the custom link URLs back and realized that the the id at the end, that doesn't change between records, is actually the URL of the foreign key in this table that matches the parent table ID (3240). Any suggestions, Hugh?
Thanks in advance.

I tried the following instead (using the elements placeholder) and it works. Yay!
Code:
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=22&rowid={contracts_estimate_quotes_list___id}
Thanks, again, for your help, Hugh. I'll let you know how I do playing with modal popups.

Cool.

Yeah, it's possible the {rowid} placeholder is getting confused because the list is embedded in a form/detail view.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh.
I still need to play / figure out the modal popup; but in the mean time I updated my sandbox & real sites to Joomla 3.4.8 & Fabrik 3.4.1. It went well; but I noticed that the 'Pop up' list filter option doesn't popup up for me. I actually like what it does; but it is not a modal popup like shown in the recent blog video. So, I'm starting to wonder if there is a setting somewhere in Fabrik and / or Joomla that I'm missing. What do you think?
Thanks in advance.

Dunno, it's a new feature, still pretty much work in progress. We'll shake the bugs out over the next few weeks.

-- hugh

OK. Attached are a couple of pics of what it looks like on my site. You can see it for yourself on my sandbox site in my sites.
I'm just curious if it will popup for you (like how the AJAX popups weren't working for me from the List add, edit & details buttons; but they, strangely, worked fine for you).
Also, in regards to the Modal popup tests with the list custom URLs, so far I have only been able to simulate a Nonumber modal popup with an "edit" link in the group intro on the "Contract Quotes" Group. You can check it out in my sandbox site in my sites on the frontend; look on the Quotes tab in the form / details of the Contracts Bid Board - Site Name: "NSB City Building Renovation".
Thanks in advance, Hugh.

Attachments

• Contracts - List - before clicking filter.PNG
    Contracts - List - before clicking filter.PNG
    13.7 KB · Views: 274
  • Contracts - List - after clicking filter.PNG
    Contracts - List - after clicking filter.PNG
    32.5 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
The filter box doesn't have the new layout for the modal filters. And it looks like that's because you are overriding the bootstrap list template in your default 'Emerald' template, so you aren't picking up any changes we make to the out-of-box one.

-- hugh

They are independent of each other.

Layouts are basically mini-templates, for rendering individual parts of the output, which would otherwise be generated inside the core code, meaning you couldn't modify them. For example, the modal filter is generated by a layout, which the template then includes. We are working towards having all our markup generated in layouts, so that there is no HTML being built inside the core code that can't be overridden and customized.

In this specific case, you are "bypassing" the modal filter layout, because your bootstrap list template override hasn't been updated with the changes to the out-of-box one required to include the modal layout.

Note that this isn't really "Fabrik stuff", this is J! stuff. We just utilize layouts a bit more than most apps or J! itself, as we have so much more UI code that has to be tweaked for different site templates, different versions of Bootstrap, etc.

-- hugh

Sounds really cool, Hugh. So, I just changed the list setting on the layout tab for the "Contracts - Bid Board" Front-end template to "default bootstrap". I then tested the new fiter box and it's still not popping up; but is that because you said that you guys are still working on the new filter box Layout?
Thanks in advance, Hugh.

Did you fix your template overrides? As I said up ^^ there somewhere, you have an override for the list bootstrap template in your site's J! template folder, which is replacing the Fabrik one. Actually, it looks like you have overrides for all your templates.

-- hugh

I assumed you meant changing to the default in the Fabik layout tab template drop-down settings. How do I fix my template override? Outside of Fabrik somewhere in Joomla?
Thanks in advance, Hugh.

You must have created them. Go to the J! template manager, and look in the templates folder for 'Emerald'. You'll see there's a com_fabrik/list folder in the html folder, with all the templates in it. Those are overriding the ones in your actual Fabrik list templates folder.

If you aren't using them, just delete the folders (you'll have to do that through a file manager, you can't delete through the J! Template manager).

https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:How_to_use_the_Template_Manager

-- hugh

I thought you meant that template override. It's been a while since I applied the template override.
I deleted the com.fabrik folder from the template override and changed the list setting on the layout tab for the "Contracts - Bid Board" Front-end template to "default bootstrap". I then tested the new filter box and it works! Cool! I like it. Thank you, Hugh. I appreciate it.

Yup, it's easy to forget that you have set those template overrides. It's usually best not to use them, unless you have something very specific which is broken, or some markup issue you definitely want to be common to all Fabrik templates, and requires a specific file to be overridden. And usually only override the specific single file you need to change. So don't just clone the whole set of list templates as overrides, as then you'll never see changes to the templates we make.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back