position of validation error message

It does - IF the form is not ajaxfied (i.e. not in a popup, article, modul).
There are some discussions about this (I would prefer the visible error messages, too;), but it seems to be complicated)

I don't think it was an issue of being complicated, I think Rob just didn't like the way the form jumped around when inserting the dom elements for the error messages.

It's one of those UI decisions which people either like or don't like, which should probably be optional. But at the moment, that's how it works. And it's too big a task to undertake "unfunded". We're at the point where Fabrik is big enough, with enough features, and we're busy enough just keeping it going, that adding new features has to be funded by someone. And something like this would require (wild guess) maybe a day of work, which is almost certainly too much for any single user to want to foot the bill for.

So we've been considering starting a "crowd funding" system for adding features. So popular feature requests can be funded by those who want them, at only a small cost to each person. We haven't worked out the details yet, but we're pretty sure it's something we want to do, and seems like the fairest way of getting new features into Fabrik, at the smallest cost to those who want a given feature, and allowing the authors to pay rent, buy food, etc.

I only mention this here, as it's a classic example of something which might well get enough crowd funders to get done.

-- hugh

Back