Possible Mootools JS Error with IE 6 and Ie 7

krammer

With Fabrik 1.0.4 we seem to have an error when we try to use " advanced Search " with IE 6 and 7.

Firefox displays a very nice drag-able advanced search box, IE says "error on page" and displays nothing.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour?

Thanks Hugh,

This is a stunning bit of code by the way... congratulations on a job well done.

It seems that our issues are stemming from JS conflicts with our front end templates. We are rocket theme addicts around here
and had been building all our new sites with their themes.

We started going back in time and had to go back to Versatility II June 2006 to get a theme that doesn't crash the JS in Advanced Search
when we test with IE. Several of Andy's newer themes would well with Advanced Search on Firefox and Fail on IE.

I am going to try to hack out all of the mootools and slimbox libraries and test a newer theme.

This url works in Firefox and fails in IE. We have a Z axis problem in firefox but I think I can work around that.

http://mt-space.com/qpl/index.php?option=com_fabrik&Itemid=32

Fabrik is so good that we are willing to throw out out template modifications and start over using Versatility II but since we plan to
do a lot of new development using Fabrik I'd like to learn more about the JS conflicts with Rocket Themes.

Thanks
Richard

Ideally I'd like to work out what is going on with RocketThemes templates. I think it's a simple Mootools version conflict - even the newer ones I've used are still using mootools 1.0. We're on 1.1, and I think 1.2 is about to be released.

One of the problems is I'm not a RocketTheme member, so I can't get into the forums to start a dialog with the author(s). If you have some contact details I could use, I'd be happy to talk to the RocketTheme devs, and see what we can work out.

Not quite sure why this conflict shows up in IE and not FireFox, though. And because I haven't yet found a decent JS debugger for IE, I can't get much further with your page.

-- hugh

Yeah, I've already got Debugbar and CJS installed, but (unless I'm missing something) it doesn't have an actual debugger per se. It'll show you where and what error is being thrown, but I can't put in breakpoints or step through the code.

I also don't seem to be able to actually load included JS files and view them. It lists them in the left pane, but just the file names.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back