Pre-filter glitches

tika

I want display records created by user
I used this pre-filter:

WHERE User ID (joomla user id capturing field) EQUALS VALUE 520 TEXT TEACHER (group)

By doing I can see 1 records appears. Which is correct.

While replacing this Equals value with {$my->id} records appears empty. I selected Eval option.

Kindly find attached screenshot.

Please advise on this.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 11.23.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 11.23.01 AM.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 195
  • Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 11.22.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 11.22.37 AM.png
    69.6 KB · Views: 191
  • Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 10.51.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 10.51.49 AM.png
    41 KB · Views: 180
  • Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 10.53.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 10.53.33 AM.png
    139.4 KB · Views: 191
Don't use eval, use just text. {my->id} is a special placeholder, no php code

gesendet mit Tapatalk

Hi troester,

I did same, its all records. Suppose to show only records submitted by used id.

could you please have a look into screenshot as well as my URL, i have already shared login details.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 11.15.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 11.15.53 AM.png
    263.8 KB · Views: 185
  • Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 11.15.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 11.15.41 AM.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 187
If you get all records it seems the prefilter is not applied. You are applying the prefilter to "Teachers & something". Did you belong to a usergroup with this "Teacher..." access level assiged when you displayed your list?

Can you post a link to your list?
Can you add a backend superadmin access to YourSite?

I tried logging in to the backend with the supplied credentials, I just get ...

Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.

-- hugh

Don't post access infos in the forum, put it in http://fabrikar.com/you/my-sites
I've deleted the infos, otherwise everybody could access your backend.

There is no prefilter in any of your lists.

To test a prefilter applied to a special access level we need additionally a user with this access level and a frontend link to your list.

Sorry, no.
I'm just a user, ready to help and answer questions but I won't touch your site.
And I think even a pro support doesn't cover a "please create my site" by Rob or Hugh.

Adding a prefilter to see only "own" records is a totally common task (you have posted the screenshots, so you have done it, where did you do this? why did you remove it?).

Setting up your site ACL the way you need is Joomla, not Fabrik.
If you apply a prefilter to "Teacher..." access level (as in your screenshot) it's only applied to users in group TEACHER, not to users in group STUDENTS

BTW: until now you didn't add the correct access info to yourSite infos.

the user details you supplied in "your sites" won't let me log into the back end - so we can't help you. Could you fix that and re-post back here when you have done so, thanks

Hi rob,

I reset admin password, please check in my site.

should be able to login now.

Need urgent support please.

Hi troester,

This suppose to be very easy job. But Im very new on the Fabrik plateform.

I could not find where is mistake, I'm just struggling to fix this.

Could you please login again, to help me.

Highly appreciated.

while doing {my->id} or {$my->id} records does not appear.

But when i keep user id number ie 531

record appears accurately.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-26 at 7.22.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-26 at 7.22.55 PM.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 158
Can you PLEASE tell which list in backend, how to go to the list in frontend etc.

We can't guess what you want to do, we don't know your site, we don't know which user should be able to see what, you have to tell.
I can't see a prefilter on your students or teachers list (and meanwhile you added a lot of new lists).
It doesn't help at all if you are posting screenshots of some records without mentioning the list, the link to the list in frontend, the list settings.

If you are prefiltering on {$my->id} and no record appears then the prefilter IS applied but there's no record belonging to this userid.
Which user was logged in and tried to display records from which list?

Thanks we can now log in, but as troester says's its quiet confusing what exactly you want to do.

In the mean time, I've added a prefilter to the student list - like Troester I'm not sure if that is right?
It does however show that the prefilter can and is set up correctly. I have enabled fabrik's debug mode, so that if you go to http://yoursite/administrator/index.php?option=com_fabrik&task=list.view&listid=6&fabrikdebug=1
(replace yoursite with the site's domain) you should see under the 'list GetData:Students List' tab - the query outputted as :

Code:
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT `t_student_registration`.`id` AS `t_student_registration___id`, `t_student_registration`.`id` AS `t_student_registration___id_raw`, `t_student_registration`.`date_time` AS `t_student_registration___date_time`, `t_student_registration`.`date_time` AS `t_student_registration___date_time_raw`, `t_student_registration`.`Date_of_Birth` AS `t_student_registration___Date_of_Birth`, `t_student_registration`.`Date_of_Birth` AS `t_student_registration___Date_of_Birth_raw`, `t_student_registration`.`Age` AS `t_student_registration___Age`, `t_student_registration`.`Age` AS `t_student_registration___Age_raw`, `t_student_registration`.`Gender` AS `t_student_registration___Gender`, `t_student_registration`.`Gender` AS `t_student_registration___Gender_raw`, `t_student_registration`.`First_Name` AS `t_student_registration___First_Name`, `t_student_registration`.`First_Name` AS `t_student_registration___First_Name_raw`, `t_student_registration`.`Teacher_Guardian_Email` AS `t_student_registration___Teacher_Guardian_Email`, `t_student_registration`.`Teacher_Guardian_Email` AS `t_student_registration___Teacher_Guardian_Email_raw`, `t_student_registration`.`User_Name` AS `t_student_registration___User_Name`, `t_student_registration`.`User_Name` AS `t_student_registration___User_Name_raw`, `t_student_registration`.`Password` AS `t_student_registration___Password`, `t_student_registration`.`Password` AS `t_student_registration___Password_raw`, `t_student_registration`.`CountryList` AS `t_student_registration___CountryList`, `t_student_registration`.`CountryList` AS `t_student_registration___CountryList_raw`, `t_student_registration`.`City` AS `t_student_registration___City_raw`, `t_setup`.`City` AS `t_student_registration___City`, `t_student_registration`.`School_Name` AS `t_student_registration___School_Name_raw`, `t_setup_0`.`School_Name` AS `t_student_registration___School_Name`, `t_student_registration`.`user_id` AS `t_student_registration___user_id`, `t_student_registration`.`user_id` AS `t_student_registration___user_id_raw`, `t_student_registration`.`id` AS slug , `t_student_registration`.`id` AS `__pk_val` FROM `t_student_registration` LEFT JOIN `t_setup` AS `t_setup` ON `t_setup`.`id` = `t_student_registration`.`City` LEFT JOIN `t_setup` AS `t_setup_0` ON `t_setup_0`.`id` = `t_student_registration`.`School_Name` WHERE ( t_student_registration.user_id = '532' ) ORDER BY `t_student_registration`.`id` DESC
here's a screen shot of the prefilter set up i added: http://screencast.com/t/epeI6zmSf

Note that it is applied to the 'special' access level as that is what the user account that you gave me is logged in under. You would need to replace that with the view level required and test with a user who has that view level applied to their account as well.

Hi Guys,

I did the same pre-filter which did not work. But applying same filter from Menu > Link option is working now.
I have to dig the reason, perhaps ACL issues.

For the time being, we can close this thread.

Thanks a lot guys.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back