Pre-filter not working for me...

mygunfriday

I have a table that I've made duplicate List etc. for. One of the lists needs some pre-filters.

The one that uses a table join works. The simple one that uses an element value refuses to work.

I've gone so far as to remove the other filter and it still won't work.
I have todays Github Master. I've refreshed cache. I've tried using text or return 1; under eval.

I've confirmed that the filtered elements contain 1's and 0's in the database.

I'm stuck. Any help is much appreciated.
Pre-filter settings.png

Which element type (plugin) is your element?
Can you enable fabrikdebug and examine the generated query in "list GetData: your-list" (the WHERE part at the end)

Can you check to see if you have any pre-filters set up on the J! menu item for your list?

I can't recall offhand if those over-ride, or get added, to pre-filters on the list itself.

-- hugh

Also, I notice the access level is set to Public.

That means the pre-filter won't be applied to any logged on users.

Is that what you intended?

-- hugh

Access level:
depends on your settings
If it's Joomla standard then Public is the root applied to ALL users (including superadmin)

Ooops, yeah, forgot I'd messed around with my groups and access levels on the test site I'm currently using.

OK, ignore that then.

-- hugh

Okay, you've given me some homework here....

1. The menu item points to a Joomla Article and the Table is displayed with the {fabrik view=list...} method. So no menu pre-filters.

2. The fabrikdebug setting pulls a lot of info. I'll paste in the latter part of the sql query you requested:
Code:
FROM `fab_autoreps` LEFT JOIN `countries` AS `countries` ON `countries`.`id` = `fab_autoreps`.`country` LEFT JOIN `states_provinces` AS `states_provinces` ON `states_provinces`.`id` = `fab_autoreps`.`state_prov` LEFT JOIN `cities` AS `cities` ON `cities`.`id` = `fab_autoreps`.`city` LEFT JOIN `kooba_user_usergroup_map` AS `kooba_user_usergroup_map` ON `kooba_user_usergroup_map`.`user_id` = `fab_autoreps`.`mbr_id` WHERE `kooba_user_usergroup_map`.`user_id` IN ('455','457','460','458','461') AND `fab_autoreps`.`id` IN ('24','25','26','27','28')
I've excerpted starting at the FROM in case the left joins may be causing a problem. It looks like the pre-filter I created for the list is not included - it should have something like: WHERE fab_autoreps.profile_status=1

3. As for the Public setting, all my users have Public as their root.

I'm a little lost working with this stuff. Thanks for looking into this with me.

what are you seeing? No records at all, or all the records?
What element type are you prefiltering on? Is there a 'Profile status - raw' option in the dropdown list? If so does selecting that work?

I'm seeing ALL the the records.
It's a field element. (Note that there are 2 lists and 1 element is linked to the main element.)
There is no _raw option.

can you please start a new thread? Its easier for us to manage. It may not be the same issue, so please state the question giving all information.
It would be best to fill in the site details here http://fabrikar.com/you/my-sites/ (only visible to fabrik staff) to enable us to see what you have set up
thx
Rob

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back