Prefilters of list module overwrites list prefilters & isview parameter ?

jpsoigne

I have a list, which is actually a copy of a main list, pointing on the same sql table (so I have child elements).
I have configured several prefilters on this list.
Then I have created a Fabrik list module for this list, on which I have configured different prefilters.
The problem I have is after I display the module (in an article using {loadposition myposition}), the prefilters of my list are overwritten by the prefilters defined in my module. So it is actually modifying the params in my xxx_fabrik_lists sql table.
As the behavior was not the same with all my lists, I have made several tests and searched for the difference that could explain this different behavior, and finally found that the problem occurs when the parameter isview is missing in the params of the list in the xxx_fabrik_lists sql table. After I add "isview":0, the problem is no more occurring.
However, if I save the list, the parameter isview is removed... it would mean that I have to add it each time I save my list ?
Could this strange behaviour be really related to the isview parameter ?
I think that the prefilters defined in the module should never overwrite the prefilters defined in the list settings, do you agree ?

Module prefilters (and menu prefilters) ARE overriding the list prefilters.
So if you want to have "additional" prefilters you must repeat the list prefilters, too.
(The list prefilters should always be the strongest ones because you can delete the itemid (= menu) from the URL and so display the list without module/menu prefilter).

Isview: which Fabrik version are you running.
I think there was an issue but has been fixed long ago.

I am using Fabrik 3.0.9 with last update from Github.

I am not using a menu item pointing directly on my fabrik list, but pointing on an article, where a fabrik list module is displayed through the syntax {loadposition myposition} (the module is created in the module manager).

After I display my article in the frontend, the list prefilters are overwritted (in the #__fabrik_lists table) by the modules prefilters, not just "overrided" for the display of the article. If I want to restore the original list prefilters, I have to edit again my list and modify the prefilters.

I am not sure is the problem is related to isview. But I can see that when I edit my table and save it, even without changing anything, the parameter "isview":0 is no more present at the end of the params column in the #__fabrik_lists table. But after displaying the article with the module, isview parameter is back, and prefilter parameters are changed to those configured in the module. Also I notice that the db_primary_key of the list is changed from mylistname.id to `mylistname`.`id` in the #__fabrik_lists table.

OK, I'm pretty sure this is one that got fixed in 3.1, and I guess we didn't back port the fix to 3.0. I'll get on it.

Troester - could you submit a github issue (and do the cross linking thing) so this doesn't drop off my radar? I have to go eat lunch, which means going to the grocery store first, which means much opportunity for getting distracted.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back