Primarily-key on Element table

You need your table to be joinable on something
If you want your table to be clustered, you need some kind of a primary key.
If your table design does not need a primary key, rethink your design: most probably, you are missing something. Why keep identical records?

hi, tessa thank for replying.

You need your table to be joinable on something
If you want your table to be clustered, you need some kind of a primary key.
yes , so I wondered.
I just assume that Fabrik automatically set primary-key in Element table when we create a list table, and due to create primary-key on the element table.
ethier Individual tables that it mean my data has a auto incremental primarly-key, so my system seem to work good.

If your table design does not need a primary key, rethink your design: most probably, you are missing something. Why keep identical records?

I don't want to make identical records.

All tables used by Fabrik need to have a numeric, auto-incrementing Primary Key.

When you create a table through Fabrik (when creating a new List or Form), we should automatically create an 'id' element, which we set as the PK.

When creating a List from an existing table, we should automatically detect an existing PK element, and set it appropriately in the List settings. Sometimes this doesn't happen, so you should always check that your List settings have the PK element correctly selected.

When importing from a CSV into a new List, you need to tell Fabrik which is the PK element, as part of the import settings. If your CSV data doesn't have a PK field, we will create a new 'id' element to use as the PK.

-- hugh

hi,
because, as attachments, It seems to be curious.
this is fabrik_elements table data.
PK of id is all 0. (I could not capture the name, too long columns,sorry)

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    44 KB · Views: 131
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back