Printing multiple selected records as PDFs

Meh, yeah, I can replicate that. Don't know what I did to break it. I know it was working last week.

I'll fix it and get back to you.

-- hugh

Actually, no, I can't replicate it. Turns out I'd turned "Allow PDF localhost" off while testing something else. As soon as I turned it back on again, it worked.

I'll have to look at your setup, see what I can see. is this on your "GE Hughes" site?

-- hugh

Yes it is the GE Hughes site (Test site). The PDF print out is for Reports > Weekly Timesheet Reports, mainly for now.

Ooops, thought I'd replied.

I can't log in to the backend, the credentials you gave me don't work any more.

-- hugh

My user doesn't seem to have access to run the Download on the front end.

I didn't want to start messing with group memberships.

Can you either set me up to be able to do it, or annotate your My Sites with a user I can use for the front end.

-- hugh

My user doesn't seem to have access to run the Download on the front end.

I didn't want to start messing with group memberships.

Can you either set me up to be able to do it, or annotate your My Sites with a user I can use for the front end.

-- hugh

You are set as a Super User so you should have access. I don't mind if you make any alterations, this is just a test site. I will rebuild it if necessary.

I just logged on as you in the front-end and I was able to download a PDF from Details view and From list view except the pdf is still blank in the download PDF from list view.

Last edited:
Oh, oops, I didn't see the horizontal scroll at the bottom, which is why I wasn't seeing any row buttons.

I'm going to have to do an Akeeba backup, install it locally here, and debug it.

-- hugh

OK ... so ... the Akeeba backup I installed here worked fine, so I had to resort to manually debugging your site. Just FYI, I installed exTplorer so I could edit some files.

Turns out the issue is with server configuration. Most server setups, when the server makes a CURL call to itself, the REMOTE_ADDR in the CGI server variables will be the "localhost" one, either 127.0.0.1 or ::1. On your it's showing up as the server's external private IP (192.168.x.x).

I hard coded that IP in the main list model function that checks for the new "allow pdf local" permission, so it now works on your site. I'll need to add a new option in the global config to specify additional IP's that should be treated as "local" for this purpose.

So for now, don't update anything until I've gotten that new option added, as you'll lose that customization.

-- hugh

I hard coded that IP in the main list model function that checks for the new "allow pdf local" permission, so it now works on your site. I'll need to add a new option in the global config to specify additional IP's that should be treated as "local" for this purpose.

So for now, don't update anything until I've gotten that new option added, as you'll lose that customization.

-- hugh
Hi Hugh, can you let me know if this is in place as yet? I tried the live server (which is on a different hosting server) and it also will need this IP setting for localhost as it doesn't work on it also.

I can look at adding an option. We do need to be able to include it though, as so much of our default layouts use it.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back