Problem Report: Repeating group fails responsiveness test

Status
Not open for further replies.
My setup is as follows:
Joomla! version: 3.3.6
Fabrik: 3.2 (i.e. last full release)
Template: Protostar (standard with J! 3.3.6)
URL used for responsiveness testing: www. responsivetest.net

Nature of the problem: When a group is set up as a 'Repeating Group'; Template: Table; Layout: 4 columns
I would expect the tabular format to reduce to single column format as the smart device width is reduced to 3.5" format.

This is does not happen. The table remains at full column width, and the horizontal scroll bar shows this.
(See images 1 and 2).

Point of comparison: If the 'Repeating Group' is disabled, and say 4 columns are listed (for an 8 column table), as the smart device size shrinks, the column display reduces to single column format. This is the correct responsiveness behaviour.

Question: Am I expecting too much from the responsiveness for the 'Repeating Group' in the active state?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Alastair

Attachments

• Image2.png
    Image2.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 179
  • image1.png
    image1.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 201
A repeat group with layout=table is rendered as a html table - which is not responsive.
Use layout=list and columns as you need.

gesendet mit Tapatalk

It would be feasible to clone the bootstrap form template, and re-code the repeat_group_table.php and repeat_group_row.php code to use a Bootstrap grid, rather than simple HTML table.

http://getbootstrap.com/css/#gr

Or, simpler but less elegant, just modify repeat_group_table.php and wrap a div with class responsive-table around the existing table code, which would automatically add a horizontal scroll for viewports < 768px:

http://getbootstrap.com/css/#tables-responsive

-- hugh

Thank you - Hugh, and Troester, for the retailed responses!

I confirm that the settings that Troester recommended is in fact accurate, and the solution to the issue. Once the settings are adjusted as indicated, the display does flex in the manner expected.

Alastair

The matter is regarded as SOLVED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back