Problem sending a List by email

qmiguel

Joomla 2.5 & Fabrik 3.0
I am trying to send a Table by email.
Everything is working. I receive the email, but without any records. My SQL database has 9 records.
The email box shows "Email 9 records".
When I send the email, I receive the Subject and the Message, but "0" records.
Could you help me please?

Hi,

As this is your first post I'll have to ask you the magic question. :)

Are you running the latest Github?

i presume you are using the list email plugin?

Can you post a screen shot of your plugin settings?

-- hugh

I aready run the latest Github.
Before this, I could send an email, but without records.
Now, when I click the Send Icon, the email box doesn't have the information that I have in the plugin. I have 10 records for this user, I can see "Email 10 records".
This is the screen shot.
Thanks

email box.jpg

hi

could you create a new thread for the PDF issue. It makes it easier for us to follow the conversation if we have one topic per thread. Also attach a copy of the pdf file in that post.

Do you have more than one plugin on the list?
Can you point us at the page?
I saw someone else report this issue earlier today, but I could not replicate the issue.

No, I have only one plugin on the list (email)
You can see the issue right here.
Then login using Username: fabrik and pswd: 123456
You are going to see on the main menu a new option [Form].
This option shows the Table that has the plugin configuration I sent before.

OK, one immediate issue is your "Condition", where you have ...

j25_fab_form_inventario.user = 25

That needs to be actual PHP code, otherwise it's going to error out when the plugin submits.

And something isn't right with the popup on the front end. iirc, if you specify "Defined in 'email to' field", we shouldn't show that dropdown of fields to use as the To.

I'm setting up a test, and will get back to you with the code you need for the Condition, and work out why that To menu is showing on the front end.

-- hugh

Hi, the issue "showing no message, no subject" should be fixed in GitHub (Rob added the compressed email-min.js)
After updating make sure to delete Joomla + browser cache to get the actual JS files.

Ooops, my bad, that condition is SQL, not PHP. So it may be right. I'll test.

But that To should definitely not be rendering as a dropdown.

More news when I've worked out what's going on.

-- hugh

Ah, yes, the list min JS. I tried doing it the other evening when we spoke about it on Skype, but my Eclipse kept wedging up trying to validate the project, which it insists on doing before running any Ant script, even though I've turned off verification during build in the Eclipse project options.

My problem seems to be that having three large projects open, with a J! 1.5 / Fabrik 2.1, J! 2.5 / Fabrik 3.0, and J! 3.1 with Fabrik 3.1, just brings Eclipse to a standstill when trying to do certain things. So I'm having to keep just one project open, and close/open them as I work on them.

Anyway ... back to looking at the code ... still not sure why it's showing a dropdown, when the OP has specified "defined in email to field". The getEmailField() method clearly tests that, and either creates a dropdown, or a field showing the pre-set emails.

I'm thinking about overhauling this plugin, and updating it with several fairly dramatic improvement I did as custom work for someone in the 2.1 version.

-- hugh

I'd forgotten how much work I'd done for Bea on the 2.1 list email plugin!

Here's a screenshot of the settings.

One of the more useful improvements was adding the ability to specify another table to build an "address book" from, and letting the user select recipients from a picklist or multi-select checkbox.

Also options for pre- and post-ambles for your template, so you can do things like build HTML tables, or UL's, out of the rowdata. And an option to merge everything into a single email. Etc.

However ... I still have no idea what's going wrong with the OP's plugin. i may need to get my hands on the site.

-- hugh

Attachments

• email_list_21.png
    email_list_21.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 181
Before I run the latest Github, it showed the same popup on the front end with all the information from the plugin config. And the amount of records to be sent.
Then when I sent it, I received the email, but none record.
I was concerned why I have that popup window, where customers can see and change anything?

Well, that's just the way the plugin was designed to work. As with much of Fabrik, it evolved through what our users asked for. I agree that an option to just pre-set everything, so there is no intermediate popup selection stage, and it simply mails selected rows to pre-defined addresses, would be a useful option. It's just that nobody has asked for that yet, until now. :)

I'm going to be doing work on this plugin in the next few days, porting those 2.1 features forward to the 3.0 version. I'll look at adding a 'hands off' option.

-- hugh

Thanks for your answer.
I'll wait for the changes on this plugin.
That is a good idea, if you define everything on the plugin config, you don't need the intermediate popup selection stage.

OK, I just committed some major changes to the list email plugin.

Could you grab latest github, and see if it now works for you.

I haven't yet added the new option to bypass the popup entirely, I'll do that when I'm happy that the improvements I've ported from the 2.1 plugin are solid.

-- hugh

I download the latest version from Github. And then I upload the folder plugins/fabrik_list/email.
Then I could see the changes you made??, they look great. I am sending the image of the settings.
email box 3.jpg
email box 3.jpg

But when I send the list, the email reaches the recipient, but without records.

You can see the results right here.
Then login using Username: fabrik and pswd: 123456
You are going to see on the main menu a new option [Form].
This option shows the Table that has the plugin configuration I sent you before.

I used the sample.php template, but it gave me error.
Do I have to use another template on the plugin config?

I appreciate the good work you have done.

I know you are very busy, but I am waiting for the solution.
I had the same problem sending a list by mail. I solved it creating an email template for the list plugin.
Let me know if is the same situation with the table, and where can I get it.
Thanks

I'll do some more testing and get back to you. I must confess I did limited testing, as the new options provide a lot of permutations which take a long time to test. This was very much a first cut at bringing this plugin up to where it was in 2.1, as a lot of improvements were made in 2.1 after we forked the original 3.0 code.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back