Problem with 3.8 update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadler

Hello,

I have updated about 6 sites and I seem to be getting a consistent issue with the 3.8 update. The updates run through the built in joomla update system but take a couple of tries to get through.
Once installed I am getting an error when I try to access anything built with fabrik:

Class 'FabrikWorker' not found

I have restored the sites affected from backups, is there an issue with the updater?

Cheers

Burnsy

When did you update, just now or about 8 hours ago?
Updating from which Fabrik version?
Updating on which Joomla version?

Same questions:
When did you update, just now or about 8 hours ago?
Updating from which Fabrik version?

Hello,
the sites in question are all running the following versions:

Joomla! 3.8.1 Stable [ Amani ] 4-October-2017 14:00 GMT
Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
Fabrik 3.7 (prior to upgrade)
PHP version 7.0.24
Database: 5.5.5-10.1.24-MariaDB
All were updated less than an hour ago.
All were updated using the built in Joomla updater run from the administrator.

Cheers

Burnsy

Try to first update Fabrik to 3.8, then Joomla to 3.8 resp. 3.8.1 (as Joomla says: make sure all components are compatible before updating Joomla)

It seems the other way around has still issues.

Thank you for the reply, however I have updated the Joomla to 3.8.1 about a week before, while only today I was aware about the update in Fabrik. So what do you propose? Is is better to roll back to a yesterday back up with Joomla 3.8.1 and Fabrik 3.7? What do I have to anticipate in the Future?

Hello,
all updates on these sites are run through the built in updater.

The updates are run in the sequence notification is received, the J! update 3.8.1 was run within about 6 hours of release. As of that point no automatic update was shown for Fabrik beyond 3.7 on any of these sites, the 3.8 release did not appear in any of the sites as an available update and was therefore not carried out.

All sites are tested when updates are added, this is how I discovered the errors I have reported this is how I make sure all updates are compatible, by ensuring I have a back up and then installing them and testing, I don't see any other way to do it.

So to clarify things, I will need to work as follows:
  1. Restore the sites to a point prior to the last J! release (3.8.1).
  2. Locate and install a copy of Fabrik 3.8 manually - would this be from the GitHub repository?
  3. Update to J! 3.8.1 using the automatic updater.
  4. Install the Fabrik 3.8.1 update using the automatic updater.
Is this correct?

Best
Burnsy

Hello,

I have also checked through the Watchful logs for these sites and they do not show a Fabrik 3.8 update listed as being available during this period.

Burnsy

You can do a Fabrik GitHub update directly on Joomla3.8.1 (or wait for @cheesegrits to fix the update issues).

Fabrik3.8 (out since some hours) is ok for updating Fabrik on Joomla <3.8
At the moment there are issues if you are already running Joomla >=3.8

In principle I don't think it's a good idea to do Joomla updates automatically if you have additional components/plugins installed.
Notice
Before you update Joomla, ensure that the installed extensions are available for the new Joomla version.

Hello,
so J! updates should be done manually from the source code?

I can't see what difference that would make, the end result would be the same regardless of whether the update was run from the updater or from a manual source update.

Burnsy

so J! updates should be done manually from the source code
No, use Joomla updater and Extension updates.

But don't update Joomla before making sure that all your additional components are compatible with the new Joomla version.

Just to save someone from possible conflicts, re-installing the current version 3.8.1 of Joomla do not fix the reported problems.

Hello,

Ok, however in this case the update to J! 3.8.1 did not cause an issue, Fabrik 3.7 was and is working on J! 3.8.1 without any issues on a reasonable number of other sites I manage.

The issue occurred after that when a Fabrik update from 3.7 to 3.8.1 appeared in the built in update system, no update to 3.8 appeared between the J! update and this one (i.e. 3.7 -3.8.1) as far as I can see from the logs on the site or on Watchful.

I have updated one of the sites which had the error from GitHub manually and it appears to have resolved the issue, this would seem to point to an issue with the update file(s) used during the update process carried out by the built-in update utility in J!

Cheers

Burnsy

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back