Problem with Form template

marioms

Hello guys,

I installed fabrik without any problems, but whenever I started making a form (added just 3 fields so far) I went to check how it was looking and I think something is wrong, the template seems to be missing somehow. On the layout options of the form, I got Default, table, bootstrap and bootstrap_table. In all of them the form looks the same... what could be happening? Thanks!

mm7hnc.jpg

First of all you'll need a bootstrap Joomla template (e.g. protostar) to get Fabrik bootstrap templates showing correctly.
bootstrap-tab is displaying tabs if your form contains multiple groups.

Thanks for the fast answer troester. I was using before joomla 2.5 with the same template and fabrik for joomla 2.5, the template was working flawless, not that I installed new version of joomla and got the 3.1 of fabrik, I got this problem..

As troester says if you are using Fabrik bootstrap templates, they will only work in Joomla bootstrap templates like protostar. If you have a non-bootstrap joomla template, then you need to use a Fabrik non-bootstrap template also.

S

i got the exact same problem.
My setting: Kunema installed, Protostar template, Joomla 3.0, Fabrik 3.1 RC.
Changing the template of both menu and form does not help. I would appreciate some input.

Thank you!

Emanuel

marioms: Joomla2.5 or Joomla3.1?
Tenner:
It's working on my site with protostart + bootstrap or beez + default.
All other fabrik form/details templates (e.g. mint, labels-above, your custom ones...) aren't working correctly (css has to be adapted for Fabrik3.1)

Thx for the input, however, Protostar + bootstrap does not work for me :(
Is there any way to troubleshoot this?

I confirm that Protostar + bootstrap work fine, both for list and forms.
What is your Joomla! version? Fabrik version? Can you post a screenshot of your form layout settings?

Joomla Version: 3.1.5
Here are screenshots:
Brocken CSS
css_broken.jpeg

Layout List:
listlayout.jpeg

Form Layout
layoutform.jpeg

Menu Layout
menu_layout.jpeg

If you need anything else, please just ask. Thank you for your help, guys!

Emanuel

Tenner - can you point us at the page?

I see it say "Fabrik Form Module" at the top, but it also appears to be a SEF'ed link to a normal component link page. Is this is a page with two forms on it, one in a module and one on a normal Fabrik component link?

-- hugh

cheesegrits you rock. That was it. i accidently published the form module on that page and it somehow messed up the css when i clicked on "add" in the list module.
editing the fabrik form module in module manager to "pages-> no pages" did the trick.

Thanks again!
Emanuel

Cool, glad that sorted it. Although we should be able to display two forms on one page, it can cause problems, especially if you are displaying the same form twice (as that then leads to duplicate HTML entity ID's).

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back