Problem with the link plugin

koze85

Hello
I am having a problem with the link plugin
If I change the default label then when the user clicks on it the label doesnt empty so the user has to delete all the letters of the default text.. I tried to do that with javascript but since label in link element is a subelement i dont know how to write the code
I tried something like that on the click event but didnt work

var subElements = form_12.formElements.get('linksdbtable___linkd').subElementssubelements.update('') ;

What I am trying to do is replicate an old plugin for joomla 1 that could store links for a site and disply them in list

Also as I can remember this plugin had the ability to create and store a screenshot of the webpage in database could this be done with fabrik???

The source for the javascript of the webpage screenshot I wanted to use can be found here

http://html2canvas.hertzen.com/screenshots.html

So just to be clear, the problem isn't so much the link element itself, rather that you are trying to customize the behavior such that when someone clicks in the label field, it automatically clears it?

If I'm not understanding correctly, can you either explain it differently, or maybe do a quick Jing screencast to show us what you mean?

-- hugh

Ok I ve found out that it works like that

form_X.formElements.get('tablename___elementname').subElements[0].value="";

and I ve managed to check it with an "if" so that it changes only when it is has
the default value

Something like that I was thinging that when it has a default value that value must be erased when the user
clicks the textbox but it wasnt working like that!

Any ideas at least as a concept how I could use the above javascript so when a
form is submitted with a real URL then a screenshot of the url can be saved in the server
and connected with the database of my list in an image element and show up when the list is called ????

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back