Problem with zoom visualization

Tinez

Hello,

I've some problems with zoom map visualization (not the element, the visualization only). In older visualization's fabrik the scale was between 1-21 but now are between 1-7, it's ok? So now when I put any value to fix initial zoom the result is the same. I want to fix a high initial zoom but it always show me all Europe.

Anyone has a solution? Thanks a lot.

I suspect it may have been session related. Once you have used a zoom control, your zoom level is stored as session data. So changing the default in the viz settings won't actually have any effect in your browser, because our code will see what you last used as your zoom level, and use that instead of the default level.

If you logged out and back in, or came back to the form after long enough that the session had timed out (like the next day), your session data would be gone, and the code would once again pick up the default value from your viz settings.

I thought we had an option somewhere to turn "use session data" on and off, for controlling where/how the map opens, but it's been a while since I looked at that viz.

-- hugh

What you're saying it's correct. I've tried with another computer and I have the same problema. The zoom is showing the map to much far, so I already have the problem. Do you know how to change the zoom? The given option in "visualization level zoom" don't Works because if you put 1 or 7 the result is the same.

Thank you for your both fast answer!

I can't replicate your problem.
With "Use cookies"=no in "Advanced" tab my map is zooming exactly as set in "Start zoom level" in "Options" (from 1-21).
What do you mean with "visualization level zoom"?

I exactly try to say the same. If I put start level zoom "level 7" is the same that ir I put "level 3".

Otherwise, before I update fabrik, the start zoom level was between 1-21 and it runs perfect. After update I've find that now level is between 1-7. Is there any problem with updating?

And here's my house. With my tomato plants on the front porch, and my Giant Mutant Cana Lilies. Which means it's from last summer, as I pulled all those bulbs and roots up over the winter, and re-planted them down the side of the driveway this year. :)

http://screencast.com/t/Akogld2bx

-- hugh

I want a house like yours, it's very pretty! But in Barcelona is very difficult to live in a house, we've to be happy in a narrow flats!

Let me give an screenshot. Is in spanish language, but you can see that my zoom scale is fixed between 1 to 7, and it don't works. Before updating I have the same scale as you, and it works fine, but now... :(

Attachments

• fabrik_visualization.jpg
    fabrik_visualization.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 137
This is only the translation of the tooltip (which is definitivly not correct), the original (English) one is
Zoom levels between 0 (the lowest zoom level, in which the entire world can be seen on one map) to 21+ (down to individual buildings).
You may switch the language in your backend profile to English to see the original.

But is it really not working if you are putting e.g. 17 (+ setting Cookies = NO in "Advanced" + clear Joomla and browser cache)?

Yes, it don't works. If I put any number (I've tryed from 1 to 20) the result is the same, it shows me the map always too far.

Sorry for being late, I've tryed in other computers to see if my problema is global.

I can't replicate.
Which exact Joomla and Fabrik version are you running.
Which Joomla template (did you try with standard Joomla Protostar)?
Any 3rd party components/plugins?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back