QR code

I actually wrote a QR Code element plugin for 2.1, but it never made the cut in to 3.x.

One of the things I realized when I did that in 2.1 is, that it would actually make more sense, and be a lot easier, to simply add QR Code as a "display format" for the existing simple field element, rather than building it as a separate element type. As that's all QR codes are, really, is a way of representing random text.

So all it would be, would be an option to "Display as QR Code" for a field element, when rendered read-only (like in detail or list view). So rather like the existing "Guess link type" option will render the element content as a URL.

There's a good, well maintained, open source PHP class for generating QR codes I've used for some custom work for other people, which does a decent job.

Probably a couple of hours work. Let me know if you are interested, and we can work out a price for doing this.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh.
I need this QR plugin element for Joomla 3.x
One question: this QR plugin element transform rows records into graphic code?
How much is for this job?

Thanks

It looks like this:

qrcode.png

I went ahead and added it as a display option to the field element. So in read only (list view, detail view, or in form view where ACL's make the element read only) it'll render as a QR Code.

I haven't quite finished, need to do a little more testing and add the code for detai/form view, but it works in list view, which means the basic rendering part (the hard part) is done.

I haven't committed anything to github yet, I'l probably do that later tonight, or tomorrow.

How much is for this job?

Find me on Skype (cheesegrits), we'll talk. Not much, I think by the time it's finished it'll be about 1.5 hours.

-- hugh

PS, can you confirm that if you scan that code in the screenshot I uploaded, it takes you to the main Fabrik web site? Works for me, using Goggles on Android.

So in other words, I just entered:

Code:
http://fabrikar.com

... in a normal field element, after setting the new "Display as QR Code" option to "Yes" on the backend.

If that isn't what you needed, well, never mind. It was a feature I wanted to add to the field element anyway. :)

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back