Question about Fabrik Web Service plugin

Metabern

I am creating a Freight Quote Calculator in Fabrik whose function is to grab a bunch of parameters from my Virtuemart Cart, assemble them and submit them as a quote request to my shipper's XML API. Once processed, my shipper would return an array of options and final prices. Using a customized version of a plugin called 'Advanced Shipping Rules for Virtuemart', I then bring the final amounts back into my cart to complete the transaction.

My question is whether the Fabrik Web Service Plugin will perform this function or whether I need to create a custom plugin

To do which part?

The web service plugin is a list plugin, which will fetch data from a remote web service and insert / update data in the list. But it's not automated, in that you have to click a button on the list to make it happen.

So from the sound of it, no, it won't do what you want. I think you'll need to roll your own form submission plugin, which submits the request and fetches the quote.

Is the quote instant, does it come back as a response to the request, or is it a delayed response, which requires a callback function on your server?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back