quiz.

tukanglibas

Hello,

First of all, Fabrik is great. It is easy to use.
I made several simple submission forms with it, and they are cool.

I have a question whether I can use Fabrik for a quiz in a school class.

All of the students will be Joomla registered users. The teacher is the superadmin.

I want to create a Fabrik form for a quiz. The quiz will contain 1 or more essay type of questions (will use text area??). I want to use Fabrik form as a mean to collect students (registered users) answers. I will grade the quiz offline. Is it possible ?

Since it is a quiz, so a registered user cannot see the answers of all other registered users. I also want to have a Fabrik form that will auto populate the form with the answers that students have filled out previously.
Example: students filled out and submitted the form at 1PM. At 2PM, he/she wants to make revision, so when he/she opens the form at 2PM, the form will be auto populated with the answers he/she submitted at 1PM.

Thanks in advance.
Tukang Libas.

Yes, that's pretty easy to do.

I also want to have a Fabrik form that will auto populate the form with the answers that students have filled out previously.
Example: students filled out and submitted the form at 1PM. At 2PM, he/she wants to make revision, so when he/she opens the form at 2PM, the form will be auto populated with the answers he/she submitted at 1PM.

Well, you don't really need anything special to do that. The way Fabrik works, you submit a form, it gets stored in the table, then you can go back and edit it.

So, just create your quiz, put a pre-filter on it so users can only see their own rows. If you want to restrict them to just one row, you can use the "profile" technique, see:

http://fabrikar.com/help/tutorials/form/3/12

That's a 2.x tutorial, but the differences between 2.x and 3.x shouldn't be too hard to work out.

To pre-filter the list so folk can only see their own rows, create a 'user' element on the form, and add a pre-filter to the list thusly:

WHERE
Field: userid(raw)
Condition: EQUALS
Value: {$my->id}
Type: text

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back