Records not sent from list email plugin

jsg2510

Just started using the email plugin and still using a single destination hard coded in the plugin

I have sent a series of mails - sometimes with several records selected from my list and sometimes with a single record

The emails are sent correctly - Gmail & a non gmail phising filters are not happy - but the mail with both the pre-canned message and extra text are delivered but there seem to be no records attached

cheers

there seem to be no records attached
What are your settings? What do you expect? (You can insert record content via placeholders into message text)
Gmail & a non gmail phising filters are not happy
Maybe you have to adapt your sending method in J! configuration.

I expect that I will get the selected records inserted in the email

What settings should I change? - I am following http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/email-list-plugin/ and I also get the blue splash line Email 2 records - so it seems to be fine as far as can be seen at the outset

J! config - good idea - improved - I notice that the free type text is repeated a random number of time in the email

Thanks troester

I expect that I will get the selected records inserted in the email
No. It's sending the message defined in the plugin settings. You can insert record data via placeholders, but this is up to you.

thanks troester - that clears that up - except that is beyond my ability :)!

could you please give me a html code snippit that for each record selected collects say 5 fields and puts tabs between them eg field1, datefield, name_a name_b, name_c, field4, field5
repeat next selected record

that would be very helpful - thanks!

Thanks

But struggling - seems pretty simple - copy pasted full element name from elements list
but when mail arrives it just has the article content {full element name} {full element name} etc in the body of the mail - but it is replicated correct number of times per row

cheers!

Any ideas on this one please?

The article shows up as text= {full element name} {full element name} etc - but the element content is not inserted into the fields

thanks

Make sure there is no extraneous formatting in the text of your placeholders. Toggle your editor to plain text, and make sure the WYSIWYG editor hasn't inserted HTML amrkup into the strings.

-- hugh

thanks - that was the issue!

Bonus question - can I designate some text in the article not to be repeated - so a single header with multiple retrieved records?

Thanks!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back