repeat group button & file upload table display fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

sollos

I am building a form that will have users upload multiple images on a subject and allow them to either see or download all the images of that record when they view record details. If I use a group that has "repeat group button" enabled, the images upload, but they do not display either as images or if I choose to have them a link to the downloadable file. Neither works. If I disable the "repeat group button" I no longer have an issue. If I have to I can just have six file upload fields on the form and that should hopefully cover as many images as may ever been required, but the repeat group button is such a cleaner solution I would love for it to work.

Joomla 1.0.15
Fabrik 1.0.6
Apache 2.2
PHP 5.2.5
Mac OS X Server 10.5.4

[Moved to 1.0 forums]

This definitely used to work, I have several 1.0.6 forms which have uploads in repeat groups, which display OK.

Can you bump this thread later in the week? I'm still on the road for my Christmas vacation, won't have access to my development systems till I get back home Tue/Wed.

-- hugh

Hugh, I hope you had a wonderful New Years! Just wanted to see if you had time or additional thoughts on this? I look forward to hearing from you.

Are you running the latest SVN? I think I may have fixed a bug with repeated groups and images since the last ZIP was released.

-- hugh

Hugh,

No, I am running the latest available 1.0.x release. I will review the instructions for running the SVN version.

I decided to stick with 1.0.6 as I don't have experience with checking out the SVN code of a project and I thought there was the chance that another change that is not fully tested might pop up and I need to get this site up right away. Everything works fine if I just add several more File Upload fields so I think I am good.

Thanks!

Using SVN is really very simple ... install Tortoise, "check out" the 1.0.x code, export it to a 'clean' copy and ftp the files up to your server.

And the 1.0.6 SVN is actually more stable than the ZIP, as it's just the ZIP code with some bug fixes added to it.

But if you are happy with the ZIP version ... closing this thread.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back