Repeatable fields within a group in form

Hello,

I was just looking at being able to repeat a set of fields within a form, however it would appear that you can only repeat a group and not a certain field within a group (if i'm right in reading what I have).

I would like to have a standard set of fields to be filled in, pre defined, within a group, but have the user be able to add extra fields and define them how they would like and put in values to them within the form.

For example, there would be a list of values over a number of fields, pre-defined in the form, but an 'other' field (that the user would put their own description in) and value that the user editing the form can keep adding to.

Thanks

Nope, no built in way to do that. Only groups can be repeated. The underlying structure is a one-to-many relationship between two tables.

-- hugh

Could you add 2 repeating groups? The first with the 'predefined' groups and the second with a "generic" field. Both sets of repeating groups would be related to the 'parent' group.
Keep in mind, the second repeating group would have generic fields in it that the user can fill in as they want, like "Other" and "Description of Other". They could not "define" a new field, you can't do that from the front end.

Note I've never tried to use 2 repeating groups, but it seems it might be a solution.

Might help to have more data on what you are trying to do....

Yes, you can have multiple repeat groups. You can't nest them though - ie. you can't embed one group inside another.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back