Repeatable groups on the same tab

mariluzrm

Hello.

I have a form with multiple joins (multiple repeatable groups). I have the form divided into several tabs. Is there a way to show more than one repeatable group on the same tab?

Thanks!!

I would say it's possible although maybe not "officially" supported as I have that kind of setup in several cases.

Make sure in form settings that your repeat groups are next to each other (no other groups between them).
Then you need to set "Pagination - Multipage forms" -> "Page brake" to "Both" in Group settings where you want the group split to the next tab. So in your case set your first repeat group's split to "Both" and if there's another group after your last repeat group, set this also to "Both".

There is one downside that the "Save" button on form will be disabled. You can add the following code to your list's id element javascript (on Load):
jQuery('button[id^="fabrikSubmit"]').prop("disabled", false);
jQuery('button[id^="fabrikSubmit"]').css("opacity", "1.0");
which enables the button again on form load.

Haven't faced any other side effects besides the "Save button" issue.

I'll try it. Thank you!!!

And on the contrary, it is possible to split a repeatable group into two different tabs. If for example, I have a dropdown field in the repeatable group, and some records have in that field the value A and other records have value B. Can I show those of value A in one tab and those of value B in another?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Splitting the repeat group based on dropdown value would be quite a challenge. I don't want to say it's impossible, but definitely not possible with the reasonable effort.

What you could do is have two separate repeat groups and adding / removing rows from each other depending on the dropdown value with a form php-plugin. Just an idea, haven't needed to do anything like that myself.

And is it possible to put a dropdown on top of the repeatable group and depending on the value selected in the dropdown that shows the records with value A or the records with value B?

If you add ordering by that dropdown element in list settings, it should order the repeat group like A-s first, then B-s etc.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back