Repeating Groups (20-30 repeats causes problems)

LaSeR

Is there a limitation with elements in a repeating group and how many repeats a database can handle?
I have a huge multitab from with 9 tabs. 5 of the tabs are repeating groups including form 5 to 10 elements.
Problems are rising when a user tries to insert more than 20-30 repeats in a tab.
Anyone with a suggestion ? ? ?

There got Repeat max and Repeat min at group. Database can handle large repeat but it's will slow down your form when load if to many repeat row/data.

Attachments

• repeat limit.png
    repeat limit.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 20
I have not set rather min or max on repeating group options.
"Database can handle large repeat but it's will slow down your form when load if to many repeat row/data."
slow down is acceptable but fabrik seems to crash ! ! !

Well i recommend you should normalize your form back. "I have a huge multitab from with 9 tabs. 5 of the tabs are repeating groups including form 5 to 10 elements." this is really bad design.

"seems to crash"???
does it or doesn't it?
error message?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

The problem is almost certainly the max_input_vars in your PHP ini. The default is 1024. This limits the number of inputs in a form submission ("POST"). Once your form, with all the repeated data, exceeds this, the form submission in Fabrik will get messed up, because required inputs are missing.

So figure out what you think your max needs to be (number of elements in each group, times the max number of repeats you expect, plus some wiggle room) and increase that php.ini setting.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back