"Replace with Icons" feature problem

alexisk

Just upgraded to fabrik 3.5.2 on Joomla 3.6.5 starting a new database trying to recreate my older 2.5 site.
I have a table with fileupload element for which I would like to show image instead of filename. That is, a doc image for .doc files , an xls image for all .xls files and so on. which is sth I had done in the past easily (using doc.png, xls.png for each type of file I wanted to show and placing the images in media/com_fabrik/images or in other locations as described in the manual)
Unfortunately, it is impossible for me to replace with icons the fileupload element or other elements for which I store text as a value (for example field,dropdown,checkbox). The render is not working, but works fine for elements containing numbers as values .
Any help would be much appreciated.

I have no idea how that used to work in Fabrik 3.0. The icon handling code changed dramatically between 3.0 and 3.1+.

However, as several people have asked for this feature, I just added it, by allowing the special placeholder {extension} in the "Static icon file" option.

But ... this is not yet in the master branch, I'm working in the jooml37 branch at the moment, getting ready for the J! 3.7 release. If you keep an eye on the github commit history (the widget over there >>>), you'll see when all those changes get merged back into the master branch.

Here is the commit from the 3.7 branch:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/73e4e50642461e09b53b976b412dcff8a3884059

...if you feel brave, you could apply that change by hand to your 3.5.2 element.php file.

If you don't feel brave, you'll need to wait till we merge those changes, and/or release the build of Fabrik for J! 3.7.

-- hugh

Thanks for your swift answer,
just found some time and decided to follow the road of the brave...!
After making the changes in the files you suggested I managed to have my icons showing in my list instead of the filenames (for fileupload element).
I can still not get an icon for a dropdown or a radio button element in which I have stored a string value for example 'CLOSED' , 'OPEN'.
I have a CLOSED.png and OPEN.png file but icon not showing.
If you think there is a way of doing the trick please let me know.
I am willing to test it....

Thanks a lot,

Try lower case. Might not be the problem, but we convert the value to lower case (and replace any non alphanumeric characters to underscores) to create the file name we look for. Simply to remove potential case sensitivity issues, so we / you know it's always lowercase.

If you are hosted on Linux, that would probably be the issue, as UNIX file systems (unlike Windows) are case sensitive.

-- hugh

I am already familiar with the lower/upper case distinction in Unix systems, it was proved to be a "stubborn cache" (as I call it ) problem.....
So,for the moment, everything seems to work fine with the "show as icon" option not only for file upload but also for my radio buttons ....
Thanks!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back