[request] Align front-end-select buttons with dropdown? SOLVED

batonac

I've noticed something strange with the forms in Fabrik. In most templates, the front-end-select buttons always end up below the input drop-down box they correspond to. In a few templates, the buttons appear beside the dd, but they rarely align perfectly.

Here's what I mean:

62ba7eedeba9c545ba5200072fea06dc.png

I've found a stackoverflow thread that *seems* to offer solutions: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10615872/bootstrap-align-input-with-button

Any chance this could be easily integrated into Fabrik?

If it's OK with you, I'll leave this one for Rob and the other Bootstrap gurus to address, which probably won't be till next week, as Rob is on vacation this week. So I'm a little slammed, and trying to prioritize stuff.

-- hugh

Looks like one of the issues has already been fixed, so I had a look at the "unwanted column" thing, duplicated your issue, worked on it for a while, but hit my limit on "triage" time. Raised a github issue for Rob.

-- hugh

Bump!

Welcome back rob! If the number of github commits are any indication, it looks like this has been an extremely productive day back on the job.

Any chance you could take a look at this? I'm hopping it will be a small patch that will bring a big usability fix to my app. Thanks

If you update your Joomla template to use bootstrap v2.3.2, rather than the out of date one Joomla currently ships with (v2.1.0) then the buttons align correctly

Thanks. For Gantry I downloaded bootstrap from http://getbootstrap.com/2.3.2/assets/bootstrap.zip and copied the files into /libraries/gantry/assets/jui/. This mostly fixed the problem, but the button still do not perfectly align:
355a353667aabac230af1bfd625d20e6.png

I'm not sure if this is a Gantry or Fabrik problem, but it's not a major grievance, just a little funny looking, so if it can't be easily fixed I won't mind (too much)...

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back