Retrieve label in custom list template - NOTE for developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guzman

There's a thread that solved my problem 6 weeks ago:

http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21435

PHP:
$this->headings['tablename___elementname'];

But since i updated my fabrik this week, this code stopped working.
Help please, is there a new sintax for these function? or, do i need to make another update?

NOTE: I'm a supporter since
12-10-2011, and i haven't received proper support since then. I have asked for support in this forum hardly five times, and just one time i have received a helpful answer and it wasn't from rob or hugh. I really love this project, and when i purchased my bronze subscription i did it because i believed the developers deserve remuneration for the development of such a good project, but also because i wasn't a PHP expert and i needed the support. Now i'm not sure it worthed the investment. Maybe i'm just asking too much.

Diego

Apologies if we haven't provided good enough support. We really try to answer all Bronze posts, and believe me when I say both Rob and I put a huge amount of time and effort in to support.

Unfortunately you joined at the worst possible time, as we released 3.0, and are now trying to support legacy use of J! 1.5 / Fabrik 2.x, and J! 2.5 / Fabrik 3.x. We always knew this 6 months or so was going to be hell, as we shake the bugs out of 3.x, help people get migrated from 2.x, continue development of 3.x, and support both versions.

Things are gradually settling down, as less and less people are using 2.x, and we've gotten 3.x to a fairly solid state. But we're not out of the woods yet, as the supprot load for 3.x is still fairly high. And until we release 3.1, we're providing a "level playing field" for 3.x support, with the single "testing" forum, rather than the community / bronze / silver format.

Once we get 3.1 out, and return to the usual "paid support gets priority" model, bronze support will improve.

Until then, feel free to contact me by Skype ('cheesegrits') if you have unanswered questions.

Once again, my apologies, we do appreciate your business, and we are working as hard as we humanly can to get through this 2.x -> 3.x transition, so we can focus 100% on 3.x, and get back to providing the level of support we have a good reputation for providing.

-- hugh

Re your main question ... can you post some more of your custom code, to give me some context to look at? We haven't changed anything about the way list templates work, so I'm not sure why that might have quit working for you.

-- hugh

Hi hugh.

I appreciate your response, i'm aware of all the situation you describe, you're making a great work in development, this project is really amazing, i hope soon you have the time to improve the support.
I'll will continue with my contribution to your project, i just want to make you notice the situation from a supporter point of view (me), but it's a relieve for me to read about your commitment with this situation.

Diego

I'm still working with J1.7.1 and the last update via github was made with this file "Fabrik-fabrik-3.0.5-161-g98451bc.tar.gz" i read that it's recommended to update to J2.5, i didn't want to update Joomla because i notice that fabrik was working great and the process of updating Joomla in the site is complicated, it has installed many components, plugins and templates, and some of them are not compatible with 2.5, besides the site is online and in constant usage.
Do you think that updating Joomla could solve my problem?
I will provide you my code later, now i'm not in the office.

Thanks
Diego

Fabrik 3.0.5.1 is for Joomla 2.5 only, we are not supporting Joomla 1.6 or 1.7 with this release.
Meanwhile Fabrik 3.0.5.2 is out and your GitHub (from 2012-04-25) is including this one.

So you really should update. Maybe do it in a sandbox first to test with your other components (make sure to open your fabrik connection and set the correct new database parameters if you are working with a copy of your site).

After the Joomla update you should install the latest fabrik from the download area, then update from GitHub again.

Thanks for the advice, i will udpate my Joomla and follow troester's instructions, i was hoping that the ugrade of J wasn't necessary, my fail.
I will return with the results.

Diego

:)

Problem solved

I made the upgrade of Joomla and Fabrik, everything seems to work right now.
Thanks for the support, continue the good work.

Diego

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back