RSS feed broken after Joomla 3.8 upgrade

After the Joomla upgrade, i noticed that all lists RSS feed was missing.
In the administrator page i got:
404 "View not found [name, type, prefix]: list, fabrikfeed, fabrikadminView"

In the user's page the RSS feed was blank and in the php log i got
"Class 'JFabrikFeedItem' not found in /var/www/intra/components/com_fabrik/views/list/view.fabrikfeed.php on line 186"

After GitHub upgrade nothing seems changed.

I also tried a little dirty hack adding in components/com_fabrik/views/list/view.fabrikfeed.php
the line 17: require_once JPATH_SITE . '/components/com_fabrik/fabrikfeed/fabrikfeed.php';
After that the Fatal Error was
"Call to undefined method Joomla\CMS\Document\RawDocument::addItem() in /var/www/intra/components/com_fabrik/views/list/view.fabrikfeed.php on line 333"

Thank you,
Enrico

Ooops. Apply this change:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/blob/master/plugins/system/fabrik/fabrik.php#L78

You'll find that your code at line 78 has '<' instead of '>='.

With that fix (I just committed it to github), it should work. The 'fabrikfeed' view and doc type have been deperecated, as of 3.8 we're now using J!'s built in 'feed' type. Back when we implemented 'fabrikfeed', the built in type was riddled with problems, and didn't implement enclosures. They've since resolved the problems and implemented enclosures, so we no longer need our own feed type.

-- hugh

Just updated from GitHub and tested.
On the user's side now it's all perfect, all feeds running.

In the administrator side ( Fabrik -> Lists -> view data -> Sub RSS ) we got still "404 View not found [name, type, prefix]: list, feed, fabrikadminView" but it's not really a problem.

Fabrik rocks!

Thank you.

There is no feed view on the admin side. Wouldn't be possible - remember that RSS feeds are anonymous, so there's no way an RSS feed can pull from the admin side.

It may have worked by happy accident in the past, but was never designed to.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back