SAAS application with fabrik

Hi!
@cheesegrits / @mediaateam
I am interested in two things.

Is it any way to create multi-tenant application on joomla with fabrik forms.

First case - tenants on subdomains.
Second case - tenants by joomla groups or any other conception

The main problem is concerning with user registration and assignment user to the group which related to the company.

Could you recommend some best practices in this case.
Thanks.

On this topic
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.ph...ser-registration-in-joomla.45109/#post-232415

like a last message you post that it is possible to do in php module.

"So yes, adding an onAfterProcess plugin which manually adds them to that group may be what you need to do."

Could you share the code which can help to do it.

May you have other solutions.

There will be a lot of companies. I would like to realize the the most secure variant.

Also, I want to know if registered user need create/add users to the only one group which he registered. Is it possible to setup on joomla. And how to realize hierarchy of access with joomla or fabrik. I mean

If we have such hierarchy
Company
manager->
staff 1
staff 2
Everybody should see only own company and own group.
Thanks.

Remember that we don't (officially) do support at the weekends, so when you post late on a Fri afternoon, it'll usually be late Monday before you get a response.

We don't have a "cookie cutter" solution for the kind of SASS usage you are looking for. Several people have done it, but it each solution requires different specific implementations. Most of the work is writing the list pre-filters and other MySQL clauses (like on database join elements) to restrict selections. But the specifics depend entirely on your actual app, and the exact table structure.

On the question about user group memberships. How does your app differentiate between users when they sign up, ie how wuld we now which business / group they are signing up for?

-- hugh

Ok, thanks.

According data joins I did not guess how to do it. The instructions which I found on forum are not fully completed, it is hard to invent without detailed steps.

Open question relates to the assigning user to the group while registration.

Below are conditions for sign up.

• Company group (Company group can be related to 1 to many Group 5 and Group 6) - buy plan.
    Users from this group should be have ability to add users but only own companies.
  • Group 2 (can be related to 1 to many Company group ) sign - up by invitation

• Group 5 - for classification of Company group
  • Group 6 - for classification of Company group

I really can't visualize your structure. I'm going to have to log in to your site and take a look. I'm assuming it's not the evg-soft one?

-- hugh

OK, the group numbers you gave in your last explanation don't seem to match the site. Can you equate Group 2, Group 5 and Group 6 to the actual groups on your site.

-- hugh

I tried to use this code onAfterProcess in juser plugin.

PHP:
$userid = $formModel->getElementData('user_registration_form___username', true);
$gid = $formModel->getElementData('user_registration_form___companyid', true);
if (!empty($userid) && !empty($gid)) {
   JUserHelper::addUserToGroup($userid, $gid);
}

But I am getting error
Access Usergroup Invalid - Joomla!

How I can fix this problem?

I tried to use this code onAfterProcess in juser plugin.

PHP:
$userid = $formModel->getElementData('user_registration_form___username', true);
$gid = $formModel->getElementData('user_registration_form___companyid', true);
if (!empty($userid) && !empty($gid)) {
   JUserHelper::addUserToGroup($userid, $gid);
}

But I am getting error
Access Usergroup Invalid - Joomla!

How I can fix this problem?

What is 'user_registration_form___companyid'? Is it a valid J! group ID?

-- hugh

user_registration_form___companyid it just a placeholder of the field where user input data about company name. This group does not exists.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back