Save record Detail page as "Favorite"

railer

I am looking for some ideas for how to create a way for a user to save a Detail page from a filtered search of a Fabrik List table?

I guess you might call this saving a "Favorite" so that the user can come back later and look at them.

Can this be done in a session cookie without a Joomla user account, or would they have to be a registered user?

Any ideas on method and procedure are appreciated. :)

It'd be tough to do it for guests, as it would only be good for the lifetime of that session, which is typically only 15 minutes.

For registered users, would you want to do this from the detail view itself, or from the list view?

Doing it from the list view would be relatively easy, with a few lines of code in a PHP plugin, that added the selected list, form and row ids to a table along with the user id. You could then create a List on that table (called, say, "bookmarks"), add a pre-filter so they only see "their" rows, and specify a custom details link that uses ...

index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=details&formid={bookmarks___form_id}&rowid={bookmarks___row_id}

If you took out a support sub for a month or two, I'd be happy to help write those lines of code for the PHP list plugin.

Doing it from the details view itself would require using something like a button element, which triggers some JS that drives the "user ajax" mechanism (see ./components/com_fabrik/user_ajax_example.php), with code in that to add the same info to the bookmarks table.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh. Just saw this reply. Anyway, sounds good, I can do that -- support sub. I'll get back to you when I'm ready. It will probably need to be from both List and Detail views, though more likely the user will click from a Detail view. I'll give that some thought.
Still building the Form Elements and the List for it. Just posted something separately about a problem I ran into with parent elements.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back