Saving post creates duplicate

schacke

I have a menu item pointing to a form with the Row id: -1 and the key set to: user.

As a new user I can fill in a blank form and the next time, I can edit my post. The problem is, that the form is being saved as a new post every time (even though I use the Limit plugin).

Did I make myself understandable? :confused:

Should do (creating a new record if there's no one from this user, otherwise showing the existing record).

The user is logged in?
"user" is the short element name of your user element (storing the id of the user)?

Yes - I want precisely at you discribe in your line.

I am logged in (the menu is only visible for logged in users.
And yes, 'user' is my user element.

Is the correct userID stored in your DB table (so there are really multiple records with the same userID)?
Is the user element published?

It's working fine on my site.

Yes - same userID, No - it is not published. Is that a problem? And shouldn't the Limit plugin stop me on Save?

Yes - that helped. I've moved the user element to a hidden group instead. But it's odd. Sure I have used a hidden user element lots of times without problems. Never mind - it's SOLVED. Thanks :D

You can't use unpublished elements. As far as (most of) Fabrik is concerned, they don't exist. The limit plugin will see the underlying table field, but the user element itself wont be saving the user ID when the form is saved.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back