Search/Filter-problem on set pre-filter

Roland

Hi,

I just tried to set a pre-filter to reduce the amount of 29,121 records. That works on my book-table showing only the books of 2008, in this case 537 records.

Now, when I search resp. try to filter by any value (e.g. the value I set the pre-filter on), I always get the same table view with all 537 records of the pre-filter regardless of searching an existing or a not existing value.

The navigation-bar on the bottom does not work as well:

1. After a search for a value: If I click on "end" I get the message "No records found" an here I get the value of all records AND the value of the pre-filter like this "29121 - 537 of 537".
  2. No search. I see the pre-filtered table with 537 records. I click in the navigation-bar on "end" -> it works.
    If I click in this view (last page with records) to one of the numbered links like "26" or "25" nothing happens (using IE 7).
Roland

Renew this thread

Hi,

as I didn't get an answer yet, I would like to renew this thread.

Roland

I don't seem to be able to see your pages any more. I went to the last URL I had, but the Rezenionen link gets me this message:

Rezensionen von Test-Rezensent

Sehr geehrte/r Herr/Frau Test-Rezensent,
es konnten f?r Sie aktuell keine Rezensionen gefunden werden.
Falls Sie Fragen haben, wenden Sie sich bitte ?ber das Kontaktformular an die Redaktion.

If you could PM me your details again, that'd be great. Trying to find stuff in vB/s PM system is hopeless ... no searching, no sorting, no nothing. Just chronological listing. And I have over 500 PM's in my inbox.

Being able to play in your test sandbox would be good, if that's still available.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

I just sent the PM once again. In this case you logged in as wrong user on my live site but not on the test system.
After log in to the test system do not try to find the error in the menu "Ihre Rezensionen" (which means your personal articles) but in the menu "Rezensionen". That's the table with all 29,000 records.

Roland

I don't see a table with a prefilter? Which table should we be looking at and with what prefilter?

Cheers
Rob

Hi Rob,

I set the pre-filter to the table "B?cher" (books).
Show only books with year greater than 2007.
308 records out of 29,121 records.

Roland

Table order and moving within the record pages

Hi Rob,

I updated the sandbox to SVN 982. Please feel free to change anything here.
Ordering of table columns and moving from one page to the other using the buttons on the bottoms fails in different cases:

Use the pre-filterted table "B?cher" just to get a sample:

Standard order field is "Lfd. Buchhnummer". Table view template: default
  1. If you order the column by "Erstautor" (= name) it works. Further clicks on this column don't change the order and I can't get rid of this order state. Ordering seems "frozen".
    Even when I click in the menu to open the table once again, there is no change. If I define the menu link to reset all filters, the ordering arrows are still present.
  2. I would like to get the three states working: order up, order down, remove order and arrow from the column header.
    My users really complain about it.
  3. Moving to "End >>" works.
    But if you click on "15" or "14" to navigate back, nothing happens.
    "Prev" works but jumps to the start.
All in all I don't understand the behaviour of fabrik in this points but I have to say that this point was never working in my tables using fabrik since July last year. It seems that other users have no problems with this subject. But even a very small table like "Registrierte User" shows the same effects.

Would be glad if you could get a solution for it or tell me what's wrong with my tables/configuration etc.
Thank's
Roland

Hi Roland

Ok the ordering should now be working as expected. I couldn't yet replicate the issue with the table navigation not working on the last set of rows, could you update to the latest SVn and see if that is still an issue? It may well be that I need to add a load more test records to experience the same issue here, but best to check that the ordering is OK first

Cheers Rob

Hi Rob,

for me this issue is still open.
I updated the test-system for you to SVN 986. So you can check again.

In the change log I saw the changes that you made but I can't recognize any changes in the order behaviour. Also the navigation shows the same behaviour as I described in the last post:
  1. Open the table view "B?cher"
  2. Click on "End >>" at the bottom of page (that works)
  3. Now on the last page, try to use the numbered buttons 15, 14, 13. For me, they don't work neither in IE nor in Firefox.
I checked a couple of times if I REALLY updated - but yes, all the files are new.

Additional in my development system on my local computer I have a problem in the backend using the table settings now: I get an empty page containing the links to the fabrik functions only (see screenshot).

Roland

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 254
hi Roland

Can you pm me ftp access as well please? I think the only way to get to the bottom of this is to debug things on your site

cheers
rob

Additional in my development system on my local computer I have a problem in the backend using the table settings now: I get an empty page containing the links to the fabrik functions only (see screenshot).

Is there anything in your Web server error log? Usually when this happens, there is a fairly obvious error in the logs. Usually a memory limit problem, or some such.

-- hugh

Concerning the message of Hugh:

I made a mistake in the fabrik connection. It works on my local server as well. I'm sorry!

Concerning the order issue: I sent a PM to Rob yesterday containing access for backend and ftp.

Roland

ok I know WHAT the problem is - with site caching turned ON the javascript code to manage the table is cached - so the changes to the ordering arent recognised

Now the HOW to fix it is another issue,.....

the mystery deepens :D

Rob

ok its fixed now, on ordering the cache is cleared and the issues (both the ordering not working and the end navigation not working) seem to be resolved

cheers
Rob

Joomla 1.0.15 Caching

Hi Rob,

I turned off caching in the joomla configuration of my live web-site: it really seems to work as you write.

I have to think about the necessity of setting caching on.
I read that it should only work if users are NOT logged in.
What I wanted to do with caching is that if a logged on users opens a form from a table view that he would be able to use the browsers back button to return to the table view. But that never worked because you always get "page expired" and have to reload. And that was the reason why I asked in this thread http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=37336#post37336 for a function to open the last query from a form.

In the sandbox where you just edit, I get a javascript error with IE:
Line: 522
error: 'console' is not defined
The consequence is that ordering does not work here at all.

If you can approve that caching does not help to speed up my tables using fabrik, I might be able to turn it off - and maybe you don't have to change it. On the other hand, there might be some more fabrik users not knowing that they cause problems with fabrik an turn cahcing on.

Roland

hi Roland

It should work with caching on or off now.

I've fixed that js error for you as well

Fabrik doesn't (yet?) make use of the caching - seeing as all the data is dynamically generated there would (probably?) be little gain.

The caching occurs from com_content cache calls - which appear to run on each module load. On the fabrik pages all that was being cached with this was the document's head.

Hi Rob,

thank you for solving the problem and your explanation.

In my opinion it would make sense to cache the table view.
If you open a form from the table view to see the whole record and then use the back button of the browser, the page has expired and you have to reload the table view. At least that's the behaviour on my web-site. As most of my tables are huge as you know, that takes time.
I wonder why the browser back button works in two of my forms that are connected by links. In this case, I can jump backward and forward again ...

Anyway, the major problem for my users complaining about the strange order behaviour should be a thing of the past.

Roland

As simpler shortcut to avoid the non-caching issue, we might add an option so the edit/view links open in a new tab, leaving the table page untouched.

Would that work?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back