Search Module - multiple select elements not filtering

Wobble

Hi there,

I have created a search module to act as advance search for accommodation listings.
- created new list with required elements
- created form module and assigned it

thegsa.superstaging.co.za/accommodation

Multiple select fields are:
- accommodation type
- tourism region
- check boxes for amenities
Note these elements are multiple select in the admin area and not in the search module.

The list also loads very slowly.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Access can be provided.

Cheers
Dwight

Thanks for the details.
Your general issues is in the way you are building joins (specifically some of the database join elements - for example the province element (id 191)). You seem to be joining to label fields, rather than the id fields. This causes a huge performance loss in your query.
I've attempted to add some db indexes to these fields but its only trimmed off 1 second of the load time, the query is still taking 8.5 seconds to run, which is really very very slow.

FYI to test this I turned on Fabrik's debug option (in the global settings) then looked at this url:
http://www.thegsa.superstaging.co.z....title&order_dir=asc&re_order=1&fabrikdebug=1

The debug list has an entry "list GetData:Articles" which I expanded to get the main Fabrik query (its long!)

I copied this into navicat and ran a query:

DESCRIBE (<insert copied sql here>)

This shows all of the joins and whether indexes have been found and used for the joins.
For any record which was showing no found index I added the corresponding index to the joined table (they all start with the prefix "fk_")

Ideally the any database join using a label as its 'Value' option should be re-done to use the id field. However, I'll leave that up to you as it will mean re-editing the data to match.

In addition, I would suggest that you could remove a lot of the fields from the list query as they aren't used.
By default we include all elements in the list query, regardless of whether they are set to "show in list". This is because element may be used in another element (say a calculation etc).
However, you can remove the element entirely from the list query by setting its "list view settings -> list settings -> Always Render" to "no"

Finally, for a production site it might make sense to turn on the site caching as well.

Hi there Rob,

Thanks for the feedback, some of the db joins were setup using labels instead of id's as I was using the cascading drop down plugin and as far as I could tell that was a how to get it working. I will endeavour to rectify this however and vito the cascading drop down as it's not crucial.

Do you perhaps have a solution for the search issue? Any of the elements that are multiple select (list or checkbox) that are added to the search form don't filter. e.g. tick Wifi and search ... get no results

Also getting the following error after search.

http://www.thegsa.superstaging.co.z...rder_dir=asc&redirected=1&search=1&isMambot=1

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /usr/www/users/supersywqm/thegsa.superstaging.co.za/components/com_fabrik/models/listfilter.php on line 898

Is there a way to to add keyword search to the search module?

Much appreciated, love the component, very complex :)

The line number of that error doesn't jive with the current code. Are you running a recent github copy?

-- hugh

Hey there,

I have upgraded to fabrik3.3 and am still getting same error, will need to backup site and run install from github to see if it fixes issue.

Do you perhaps have a solution for the search issue? Any of the elements that are multiple select (list or checkbox) that are added to the search form don't filter. e.g. tick Wifi and search ... get no results
the admin user account no longer works, so I'm unabel to see your set up to be able to try to replicate the problem, could you re-instate it please?

Do you mean the login is working, or that the search is working ?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

the login is working. I have also started converting the database join elements as suggested to help improve performance.

I still can't log in on the front end, please double check the 'fabrik' user account and supplied password

Hi there Rob,

I have reset the password and logged in on both the dev and live urls.

Let me know if you need anything else, am also available on Skype if you need me (dwight-skype)

Hi there,

Any guidance would be appreciated. If we need to re-structure the db then so be it but need to be sure of remarkable performance enhancements.

I have removed many elements from the list view and updated the dbjoin elements as suggested but not seeing much of an improvement.

Also still waiting on a solution for the search filter, even if you can provide the correct URL string to achieve this with the content plugin I can code it on template level should we not be able to get the module to work.

Regards Dwight

Hi there,

Any news regarding assistance here:
Still not able to get a search result using multiple select element and have tried all your suggestions to enhance performance, changed db join elements and removed loads of elements from list view.

We can restructure the data if need be on the test environment but need guidance to avoid wasting time before implementing on live.

Please assist.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back