Second re-direct not working

bespokeappstt

Hubstaff freelancer
I have a form that sends an email once there is a successful submission.
Code:
https://www.caribbeanskills.com/index.php/2016-02-19-17-39-02/trade-skills

At first there was only one re-direct plugin on the form and the condition was when 'Paypal Testing Only' was NOT selected. Everything worked fine, the page re-directed and the email was sent. The moment I introduced a second re-direct plugin for the condition when 'Paypal Testing Only' was selected the email on submission stopped working for both re-directs and the first re-direct stopped working. So the re-direct now ONLY works when you choose 'Paypal Testing Only' but the email is not sent. Additionally I have noticed text appearing on the submission page that I did not configure. The text
Code:
Record added/updated
Appears in addition to the submission text I have specified and I don't know where that came from. So it looks like you are not allowed to have 2 re-directs on the same form or something is wrong with my condition which I doubt cause the second re-direct works fine. But for the purpose of detail here are the two conditions:
When Paypal Testing Only is not selected:
Code:
$myCondition = $formModel->formData['payment_method_paid_via'];
$myCondition = is_array($myCondition) ? $myCondition[0] : $myCondition;
return $myCondition != '12';

When Paypal Testing Only is selected:
Code:
$myCondition = $formModel->formData['payment_method_paid_via'];
$myCondition = is_array($myCondition) ? $myCondition[0] : $myCondition;
return $myCondition == '12';
I need some help with this, looks like a bug or something.

If this requires some kind of custom code please let me know asap. In addition to waiting on the quote for the custom code for the js custom code work I would also like to know if this requires custom work.

I just tested, by adding my email to the email form To, and it seems to be redirecting and sending emails for both redirects OK.

Did you get 3 emails within the last half hour or so?

-- hugh

Yes I did. Do you test both using Paypal (Testing) option and any other option? I saw the emails, did you see the re-direct message?

Okay yes, you used both options I am seeing it in the email. Not sure why mine did not work. What about the successful subscription message? When you tested those 3 did you see the successful message subscription for all?

I just did a test with

Knoxttdotcom Live Testing

did you receive the email? I left yours there as an 'acid' test. Did you receive anything in email from this business name? Only a couple of minutes have passed but I have not gotten any emails. This test was done using the Paypal option and I saw the successful submission message. Going to do another test with any other option to see if that works.

Just did another test with the payment method as 'Pay Later'. it's not working. I'll submit a video to show what I mean.

View the problems here
Code:
https://youtu.be/Q_9OLhPuN_s

The only thing I forgot to show in the video is how no email is being sent. Hugh I left your email address it's still in, have you received any emails from the tests in the video?

I didn't get any emails. My best suggestion is that you sign up for a SendGrid account.

https://app.sendgrid.com/signup?id=8b9ae93b-ce8a-11e4-b4e5-5fcde71ee009

... and use that for sending mail from J!. You are currently using the built in PHP Mailer, which is notoriously unreliable, and doesn't log anything useful, so you have no way of tracking problems with sending mail. Send Grid provides reliable mail delivery, with a high reputation score, with tools for tracking outbound mail. Once you have a sendgrid account, configure J!'s global mail settings as per:

https://sendgrid.com/docs/Integrate/Open_Source_Apps/joomla.html

Use port 25 or 587 for plain/TLS, or 465 if you enable SSL). Test those settings with the test button ...

http://screencast.com/t/mHSN2ekM2iY

And once you have a sendgrid account, you can check your control panel in Send Grid, and see if a delivery attempt is actually being made.

-- hugh

Okay, I'll work on the email but what about the re-direct? The re-direct page once 'Paypal (Testing)' was not selected as the Payment Method is not working. It's not re-directing to the custom html page. Only when you choose the 'Paypal (Testing)' is the page re-directing. How come??

Just to be clear, I have 2 re-directs. You are re-directed to one page when you choose any option except 'Paypal (Testing)' and re-directed to another page when you choose 'Paypal (Testing)'. When I say another page I mean another custom html on a successful submission. Only the 'Paypal (Testing)' redirect is working. The other one doesn't show at all.

I'll check out the sendgrid but thing is this was working quite flawless prior to adding the second re-direct. As a matter of fact if I delete the second re-direct, the email works fine again. But I'll deal with it later, the main issue for me right now is the re-direct. If you choose Paypal you get re-directed to the paypal custom html and if you choose anything else you get redirected to a different custom html. I need this aspect of things to work.

Not sure who but I believe someone is on the backend. Please note I removed hugh's email that was listed. I have also noted that the Skill ID is no longer being generated. I'll assume someone is doing work and I'll leave things to be. I apologize in advance, I didn't realize someone was in and I removed Hug's email. Feel free to put it back if your're testing. I am hoping this re-direct issue could be resolved soon.

I was working on it.

I think I turned off the PHP plugin, to eliminate some possibilities.

You can re-enable it for now (and any others I turned off), I'll work on this again tonight.

-- hugh

No problem. I'll stay out of it entirely. Hoping this issue can be resolved. I was about to ask you if the plugins are executed in some kind of order but maybe it's best I observer what the pro's do with this.

For what it's worth I don't think the problem lies in the form itself or maybe not even the condition. I did a second re-direct plugin for the form
Code:
https://www.caribbeanskills.com/index.php/2016-07-25-01-36-56/classifieds

The exact same thing Paypal re-direct as its a feature intended for all the services being offered. The moment I introduced the second re-direct plugin the exact same problem began to occur. The first re-direct stopped working. The Classifieds form doesn't have a skillID being generated like the Trade/Services form. I think this re-direct problem may lie deeper in the Fabrik engine itself.

Sorry to be a pain but this feature is being timed with some paid ads on Facebook. Having said that, any luck?:D How are things progressing?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back