Selection screen - need idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred04

Hello,

I would like to create a selection screen that I would use to display a list using the selection criteria entered by the user.

I want to do that in 2 steps.
1) you select you criteria in a form.
2) then you display the list

I know the option 'Advanced search' in the list option. However I would like to do something more user friendly with by default a nice selection screen.

all suggestions are welcome.

Can you provide some example pictures? e.g.
pic1 - selection screen as it should be by your idea + criterias written in it
pic2 - list is displayed

Otherwise I think you may want just to make filtering required in list admin form. Then you would see by default only the filter form, list appearing only after you choose search criterias.

Beside "advanced search" (and "search all") in your list options you can set every element to be a filter (text field, dropdown, range, autofill, required...), edit your element "List view settings" tab, "Filters".

If this is not what you are looking for you can create a search form, redirecting to your list with a jump URL composed with placeholders and conditions as you need
http://fabrikar.com/wiki/index.php/Filtering_tables

thank you for advice.
I think what I was looking for is the filter option we have at the 'element' level. There is also this option 'required' yes/no that will allow me to ask the user to specify a criteria before displaying the list.

perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back