Show seach fields and result table on same page; hide complete table from enduser [Newbie]

BDifferent

Dear all,

first post :) I am very new to Fabrik, so please be kind if I ask stupid questions :)

Using Fabrik I want to solve the following quite simple task:

- enduser enters 2 search criteria
- filter an existing table by these criteria and show the matching table entries

This I was able to solve for 1 criterion using the tutorial "Creating a search form".
In this example the task is solved by redirecting the output to a different page.

What I have in mind is a bit different:
- Show search fields and result table on the same page
- Never show the complete table! (because it was created with lots of effort and shall not be "stolen")

So at first only the search fields should be displayed, and after that the filtered table should be shown below the search fields. No "Clear filters" link should be displayed (I found a forum post that this is possible with some code work).

Could someone give me a hint how this is possible? Sorry in advance if some forum entry already answers this. I am very new to Fabrik :)

If you need additional information, e.g. the basic table structure, feel free to ask. However, at the moment I assume that my question is independent of the actual table structure.

Greetings and a nice weekend!

Forget about the search form, this sound like standard functionality

I think the options you are looking for:
- Set the Elements/List View Settings/Filters for your 2 critearia
- Set the List/Details/Filters/Require Filtering to Yes
- You will still have the clear filter option, however this would not display the whole list. (Or you can hide the clear filter with CSS)

Paul

Hi Paul,

thanks for your answer. I only noticed it today (back at work) since it seems that in my profile settings mail notification is not activated.
Anyway, I will give it a try what you suggested and will come back soon, hopefully with a report of success :)

Paul is correct, the "require filterings" options should do what you need. You can set this on the list itself, so at least one filter has to be specified before it will show any results, and you can make individual element filters required.

-- hugh

Hi Paul, Hugh,
everything worked fine using your suggestions. What was taking the most time was to find out how to join two tables (I did not describe this in my original post). Trying it using one of the methods from the various tutorials (joining some data, 1:n, n:m) didn't work, and it was only by accident that I found the "Joins" section in the settings of List->Data->Joins. After that, adding the filters was quite easy, and "Require filters" does exactly what I want.

Thanks again for the help :)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back