Show Virtuemart Product Images In Fabrik Lists

Metabern

I have am Showing a list of Virtuemart products using Fabrik List Joins with the following tables:
jos_virtumart_products
jos_virtumart_product_medias
jos_virtumart_medias

For each VM Product, they are returning (among others):
virtuemart_media_id
file_title
file_url

My goal is to use a database join or calc element to render the referred image itself in my list

Can you help?

Can you be more specific about your data structure? You have a table with a join to jos_virtumart_media, and that table has file_url in it, which points to the image?

-- hugh

I have a Fabrik list of VM products jos_virtuemart_products with list joins to jos_virtumart_product_medias and jos_virtumart_medias I am able to access parameters of the product image image including jos_virtumart_medias___virtuemart_media_id, jos_virtumart_medias___file_title and jos_virtumart_medias___file_url.

Attachments

• virtuemart_medias_screenshot.png
    virtuemart_medias_screenshot.png
    656.5 KB · Views: 19
So your Fabrik list is built on the jos_virtuemart_products table?

As I couldn't really think of a way that didn't involve adding another element (like a 'calc' to build the img), I tweaked the 'field' element's "guess link type" feature so it'll build an img tag if the content is an image extension.

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/04ff71dfcc19e5e29a6861ab81581fb5725d0949

So do a github update, set "Guess link type" on the field element for the media_url. You can also use placeholders in the "title" field, to add the media description as the alt title.

-- hugh

I'd have to add another setting, like a generic "Link Attributes" where you could add something like ...

width="100px" height="50px"

... and optionally use placeholders for the values.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back